MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Laptop processor differences and Laptop opinions **jewel 03** Computers & Tech 42 10-30-2010 03:43 PM
Book edition differences? m0nica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-21-2010 09:30 PM
physics 1B03 - differences btw new edition and old edition pinkpiggydoe Academics 4 09-10-2009 08:59 PM

the differences between C01 C02...

Old 08-15-2009 at 10:46 AM   #1
lbqjenny

Liked: 0 Times

the differences between C01 C02...
what'are the differences among C01 ,C02 and C03...except time? i know that profs are different, but how to know who is the best?? i remember the prof. in C01 is better but i've forgot where i saw them. on mac website??(maybe it's wrong)...:S is this regular?? i have many C01s, but i don't like their time. i want to switch around. thank you!!!
Old 08-15-2009 at 10:53 AM   #2
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Well it'll be nice to know what course you're talking about... >___>
Old 08-15-2009 at 10:55 AM   #3
lbqjenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
Well it'll be nice to know what course you're talking about... >___>
OK! my courses in term one are Math 1a03, physics 1b03, chemistry 1a03 and bio 1a03 and psychology 1X03
Old 08-15-2009 at 11:01 AM   #4
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Damn I wish I had C01 for Chem 1A03.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-15-2009 at 11:04 AM   #5
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

But to answer your question, no there shouldn't be. Essentially the main aspects of each core should be the same, but the way it's taught may cause you to feel you're learning more with some professors than others. That being said, I don't think that you'd ever have a situation where a professor would fail to prepare you adequately for situations where another prof was writing the test/exam. This is because while professors reiterate the material in the textbook, present it in different ways and challenge us to think differently too, a lot of your own success comes through your own effort

Simply put, I think you should be fine switching cores.
If you feel you don't like the prof though, switch out before the Drop/Add date (Sept 21st 2009) <- That should be right but if it's wrong for some reason, I appreciate the correction.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

lbqjenny says thanks to goodnews.inc for this post.
Old 08-15-2009 at 11:10 AM   #6
lbqjenny

i think C01 is the best because for many of my courses, C01s are full. haha.. can someone give me some advice which cores are better for my courses??
Old 08-15-2009 at 11:21 AM   #7
Ivan Q.

Liked: 10 Times

CO1, CO2 and CO3 do not by any way rank which one is better. Although the times and profs might be different, you in the end are going to learn the same material. Each prof has a slightly different teaching style. Just b/c someone recommends one prof as being 'better' it might not be the case for you. Just my thoughts =)

lbqjenny says thanks to Ivan Q. for this post.
Old 08-15-2009 at 11:25 AM   #8
lbqjenny

do we have prof rating?? i mean prof who gets the highest mark may be the best one! hahahah.... just guess.
Old 08-15-2009 at 11:28 AM   #9
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

You could always just check ratemyprofessors.com, though it's still slightly skewed (based on number of ratings and stuff).

Cores are in no way ranked. If it's full it's probably because Solar stuffed students in there or people want it for their timetable. In many cases it's the same prof that's teaching different cores.

Psych, you're not even going to be taught directly by your prof; you're being taught by your TAs.
Old 08-15-2009 at 11:56 AM   #10
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Yes check your CO1,CO2 and see which prof lectures with sections. Check the course review tab on the forums.

lbqjenny says thanks to Bobby66 for this post.
Old 08-15-2009 at 12:36 PM   #11
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Different numbers for cores (i.e. C01, C02, C03) really don't indicate anything other than them being different sections because they can't fit all students into one class.

That said, professors can't be ranked. There are some professors that are well liked as well as hated, it's your own opinion. Having a bad professor doesn't mean a bad grade, it's upto you if you want to do well. I know a lot of us gripe about our less than perfect grades and blame it on the professor but there are still people in the class who get A's, that should tell you something.

Annnyway, going with a professor that has a good reputation is fine and all but I think the class is more important.

lbqjenny says thanks to feonateresa for this post.
Old 08-15-2009 at 12:50 PM   #12
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Annnyway, going with a professor that has a good reputation is fine and all but I think the class is more important.
To an extent...but when the professor truly does matter, you likely can't do anything about it, since there is only the one prof teaching the course...so they have full influence over it. Bad lectures + Bad tests + Bad attitude = Bad Times for all ):

In first year it definitely shouldn't matter though...because even if you have a mean professor, they don't single-handedly write the tests...it's a collaborative effort.

lbqjenny says thanks to Mowicz for this post.
Old 08-15-2009 at 01:02 PM   #13
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

You wont know anything until you attend each profs lecture.

Honestly, most people pick the cores based on the time. For example - if a C01 is at say 8.30AM on monday, tues, and friday, and C02 is 12.30PM on Tues, Wed, Fri, majority of people will have C02 as their first option.
Old 08-15-2009 at 01:31 PM   #14
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Don't forget that you have to make a conflict free schedule. So you probably can't pick the "best" cores without having conflicts.

As Feona said, even if a professor is termed good it doesn't mean it's easy to get a good mark. I've had very good teachers that I really liked and got an ok mark with them. I've also had horrible teachers but have gotten extremely high marks with them.