MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Student Card = GO Transit Student ID (2009) goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 10 09-01-2009 01:55 PM
student card pic tammy37 General Discussion 6 12-30-2008 03:23 PM
I havent get my mac id card yet.... ae1011 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-27-2008 10:02 AM
When do we get our student id card? meerf First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 35 08-31-2007 11:28 AM

what to do if u havent received ur new student card?

Old 08-27-2009 at 03:31 PM   #1
Jenn2

Liked: 0 Times

what to do if u havent received ur new student card?
i am a first year, and trying to stay on top or registration requirements.

i sent the new student form in early -before july 11- and in fact went in person to the registrar's office, they took my photo, i signed the electronic pad, and gave in my filled out form to the person at the desk.

i can't pick up my osap until i get this card -so i emailed the registrar and they haven't gotten back to me, their phone lines r always busy too. short of going back to the office in person (which is annoying if u don't live here in hamilton) what should i do?

Sara, thanks for ur post i did check on mugsi and it says that i am cleared and good to go that way. it would be really inconvenient if it were lost in the mail because then apparently i have to shell out 30 bucks to fix a problem that i am not responsible for making, and did everything to avoid this sort of problem.

what do i do?????
Old 08-27-2009 at 05:20 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

You can either wait for it to come in the mail (maybe it's not lost). When was the confirmation letter printed? If it was a while ago, like 3 weeks then chances are it's not coming in the mail.

The only solution would be to talk to the Registrar.
Old 08-27-2009 at 05:30 PM   #3
Jenn2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
When was the confirmation letter printed? If it was a while ago, like 3 weeks ....
there's my problem right there -i never received nor knew i was supposed to receive a confirmation letter. i'll see about getting that!! which is likely why i have no card, which is odd. b/c i did it in the registrar's office, and i was told i was 'all set'...pas tellement
Old 08-27-2009 at 05:32 PM   #4
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2 View Post
there's my problem right there -i never received nor knew i was supposed to receive a confirmation letter. i'll see about getting that!! which is likely why i have no card, which is odd. b/c i did it in the registrar's office, and i was told i was 'all set'...pas tellement
You can actually just check your confirmation letter print date on mugsi.

Old 08-27-2009 at 05:32 PM   #5
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Go to mugsi click on my academics then go to my program and course summary and check what it says besides confirm. letter print date.
Old 08-27-2009 at 05:33 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
What's the print date of your confirmation letter?
Old 08-27-2009 at 07:09 PM   #7
nila*

Liked: 52 Times

I'm pretty sure what happened is that it got lost in the mail and *might* have gotten sent back to them. Best to call them, probably right when they open, I called at around 2 in the afternoon and I was on hold for half an hour :(

They'll check their return mail on the spot for you. If it's not there then you can either figure it out when you go down for school or go down now. A warning though, if you go down there now to ask about your card they might take a picture of you on the spot but they still have to mail it to you (this just happened to my cousin today). Also, you don't have to worry about OSAP because it will be being released for a while after school starts and interest doesn't begin acculmulating until the end of September and you probably won't have to pay a late payment fee (you should call the Student Accounts and Cashiers just in case)

I'm pretty sure you don't have to pay since its their mistake.

Last edited by nila* : 08-27-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-27-2009 at 07:59 PM   #8
Jenn2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
What's the print date of your confirmation letter?
so i checked, and it says:
Fee Status: CLEARED
Confirmation Letter Print Date: 2009-07-28

does that mean they sent it out in the mail on the 28th of july? as in, now it is lost in the mail?
Old 08-27-2009 at 08:03 PM   #9
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

Yea. I'm guessing it was lost in the mail since your print date was from almost a month ago. You should definitely call them.

Here's the site with contacts, the number is at the bottom: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /contacts.html

Last edited by niteskie : 08-27-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-27-2009 at 08:25 PM   #10
syaseen
Elite Member

Quote:
so i checked, and it says:
Fee Status: CLEARED
Confirmation Letter Print Date: 2009-07-28

does that mean they sent it out in the mail on the 28th of july? as in, now it is lost in the mail?
You do live in Ontario right because out of province or international student have to go pick up their letters.
Old 08-27-2009 at 08:36 PM   #11
Jenn2

Quote:
Originally Posted by syaseen View Post
You do live in Ontario right because out of province or international student have to go pick up their letters.
yes yes i do, an hour and a bit away from hamilton. i just don't understand why i haven't received this card....
Old 08-27-2009 at 08:39 PM   #12
syaseen
Elite Member

Quote:
yes yes i do, an hour and a bit away from hamilton. i just don't understand why i haven't received this card....
Then it most likely got lost in the mail and got returned to mac. You should call them (may have to be on hold for a while) that would be the best way too get this fixed next to actually going in person.
Old 08-27-2009 at 08:54 PM   #13
Jenn2

Quote:
Originally Posted by syaseen View Post
Then it most likely got lost in the mail and got returned to mac. You should call them (may have to be on hold for a while) that would be the best way too get this fixed next to actually going in person.
905-525-4600?
Old 08-27-2009 at 09:11 PM   #14
nila*

Liked: 52 Times

that number wasn't working for me before

you can call 905-525-9140 and ask the operator to put you through to the registrar's office.
Old 08-27-2009 at 09:13 PM   #15
Jenn2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nila* View Post
that number wasn't working for me before

you can call 905-525-9140 and ask the operator to put you through to the registrar's office.
k will do...thanx so much everyone for the advice!
much quicker than the email i sent last week to mac and still havent received a personalized answer back from, lol