MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer Courses? :| ishk33 Academics 4 02-08-2011 12:13 PM
Summer Courses Karlee H. Academics 2 05-31-2010 06:07 PM
OSAP on hold - how will it affect me? karen1o3o First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-14-2009 09:10 PM
Summer Courses hishkabab Academics 7 01-11-2009 09:11 PM
Summer Courses neb21 Academics 2 12-20-2007 11:42 PM

how do summer courses affect your gpa

Old 05-30-2011 at 07:08 PM   #1
otieno

Liked: 0 Times

how do summer courses affect your gpa
hey guys i was wondering how spring/summer courses affect your gpa. For example if you took a course didnt fail but want to upgrade the mark to fix your GPA is that possible? could someone please please answer this question because ive sortve gotten my self into a bind and need to know if i can bump my gpa in the summer
Old 05-30-2011 at 07:25 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by otieno View Post
hey guys i was wondering how spring/summer courses affect your gpa. For example if you took a course didnt fail but want to upgrade the mark to fix your GPA is that possible? could someone please please answer this question because ive sortve gotten my self into a bind and need to know if i can bump my gpa in the summer
Yes you can "upgrade" your mark, but your previous mark will still count towards your CA. Therefore you should only look to "upgrade" your mark if you need a certain mark in the course (to take another course, or for professional/graduate school for example) or if you need the knowledge for other courses.

Note you can only affect your CA, and not your previous (fall/winter) sessional average.
Old 05-30-2011 at 08:08 PM   #3
Phaint
Account Locked

Liked: 131 Times

So if you, say, get a 4 in Microeconomics but you need a 5 for Economics major or something. You then upgrade and get a 12. Both the 12 and the 4 count towards your CA or just the 4?
Old 05-30-2011 at 08:18 PM   #4
AmyLia

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaint View Post
So if you, say, get a 4 in Microeconomics but you need a 5 for Economics major or something. You then upgrade and get a 12. Both the 12 and the 4 count towards your CA or just the 4?
Both count...so when you calculate your CA
Econ 1BB3 (the first time) = 4 x 3 = 12
Econ 1BB3 (the second time) = 12 x 3 = 36
Other Course = #
other course = #
And you calculate your CA as such...