MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer Courses Karlee H. Academics 2 05-31-2010 06:07 PM
anyone know when elm will be up for summer courses? sinthusized Academics 3 05-04-2010 10:37 PM
Summer School Courses Goce Academics 24 01-19-2010 04:15 PM
Results of summer courses Kira Academics 11 06-25-2009 01:18 PM
Summer Courses neb21 Academics 2 12-20-2007 11:42 PM

Summer Courses

Old 09-26-2008 at 12:26 PM   #1
hishkabab

Liked: 0 Times

Summer Courses
hey,

i was wondering if anyone knows the general trend in which commerce courses are offered in which summer term. i wanna take a summer 1 and i dont know which courses i should take and which i should leave out.

thnx
Hisham
Old 09-26-2008 at 12:28 PM   #2
jov12

the list usually comes out around march or april on the registrars page.
Old 09-30-2008 at 11:42 AM   #3
hishkabab

yeah i know that but theres usually a general trend, like for example i know commerce 2aa3 and 2ba3 r usually offered in summer 1 along while commerce 2ma3 and 2fa3 is usually in summer 2.

does anyone know the general trend for 3ab3 and 3fa3 and any other courses. i really appreciate it if anyone does know.

thnx
hisham
Old 09-30-2008 at 06:12 PM   #4
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Well, I'm not in Commerce, but checking the master timetable from last summer, the following courses were offered in the respective terms:

Term 1: 3AB3, 3BC3, 3FA3
Term 2: 3AC3

Sometimes, however, courses may (unexpectedly) be offered in the other term. For example, I asked the Faculty of Science one year when Stats 1CC3 would be offered in the summer, and they told me it was usually Term 1, but that year it ended up being term 2. However, I would expect 3AB3 and 3AC3 to stay in their terms, since they appear to be courses that follow one another (3AB3 is the prereq for 3AC3).

hishkabab says thanks to nh999 for this post.
Old 01-11-2009 at 11:04 AM   #5
tristic

Does anyone know if courses like French, art history or psychology would be offered in the summer? Or where I can find this information?
Old 01-11-2009 at 01:16 PM   #6
raine

Liked: 1 Time

Just check the summer term timetable for last year. I think it's still available. The courses offered during last year summer would probably be offered this summer as well.

kelvin, tristic all say thanks to raine for this post.
Old 01-11-2009 at 04:13 PM   #7
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Actually, that varies from department to department. Generally a large percentage of first year courses are offered in the summer, including psych and French. However, I know for certain departments including history and religious studies, offered summer courses depend on the professor availability, so courses listed are NOT always offered each summer. I would check with the individual department to make sure.

The actual summer time timetable will come out mid-March on the Registrar site. So alternatively, you could just wait for those to come out.

tristic says thanks to nh999 for this post.
Old 01-11-2009 at 09:11 PM   #8
james2255
Faculty Society VP

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishkabab View Post
hey,

i was wondering if anyone knows the general trend in which commerce courses are offered in which summer term. i wanna take a summer 1 and i don't know which courses i should take and which i should leave out.

thnx
Hisham

I am assuming you would want to take Level two courses. The typical standard is for students to take ECON 2X03 or COMM 2AA3; the reasons for this are varied-- but many feel that it will provide more of a balance in second year; [and yes, it is much more difficult then level I]. If you are only taking one; I suggest 2X03 as 2AA3 may move very fast if you haven't taken accounting in High school.
Old 01-25-2009
Maktub
This message has been removed by a moderator. .