MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Exam Guardians" - Free 1st year exam help concept Mowicz Academics 39 12-20-2010 11:30 PM
Do you have any QUIRKS? britb General Discussion 91 11-16-2010 08:54 PM
Missed Exam Help! levarun Academics 3 04-23-2010 12:36 PM
deffered exam??? civil Academics 1 04-06-2010 05:45 PM
Exam Help JokrJon Academics 3 02-27-2009 09:26 PM

Do you have any pre-exam rituals/quirks?

Old 12-08-2010 at 06:17 PM   #16
AlexBatt

Liked: 62 Times

well, in high school, i played pump up songs
this year, ill continue the tradition
loool, i like to think of it as a battle, so it helps
Old 12-08-2010 at 06:19 PM   #17
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I get there insanely early.
I'm that person who's likely sleeping on the floor before the exam because I've been sitting there for the past 3 hours. I commuted last year, so this was totally justified.

I usually drink a Minute Maid Cranberry Cocktail to wake me up and a coffee to cut the taste.
I've been drinking coffee since I was 6, so it has a calming effect.

1 hour before the exam, I usually take 2 Advils or now, two Tylenols - they help with the sinus headaches that I get from bending my neck for a really long time.

I also have 2 sets of things which people find amusing, until you forget your set of stationary and I have extras on hand.
Oh Bushra the drug addict.

Personally, I listen to "I'm on a boat" - The Lonely Island and walk like a boss
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences
Old 12-08-2010 at 06:23 PM   #18
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

My habits change depending on what time my exam is at so I'll just mention the morning ones.

Night before: 1 or 2 hours before I sleep I'll stop studying. Play games, watch TV or just do anything else at that point. Right before I sleep I'll set like a billion alarms all 1 minute apart for fear that I may not wake up...(usually up before them all anyways -.- but just incase my body fails me at that time). I'll also check my exam room/location/date and all that stuff. And I'll also pack my pencil case About 10-15mins after I sleep I'll wake up to check if I really did set my alarms....

When I wake up, I'll get ready, eat breakfast all while constantly checking the time. I'll recheck my exam time/room/all that stuff just incase. I never take a backpack with me to any exam/midterm or stuff so I'll just stuff my pencil case in my jacket pocket or someing like that. I dont take notes with me to the exam place...nor do I check things in the morning. I figure if I don't remember something it probably wasn't that important.

yeah thats pretty much it I think. Varies depending on the time/day my exam is at/on
Old 12-08-2010 at 07:04 PM   #19
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Not necessarily pre-exam as in not in the exam room but once I get into the room and sit down:

- Crack my neck, jaw, fingers
- Take an extremely deep breath
- Sit with my eyes closed until we are told to start

Afzal, Rakim like this.
Old 12-08-2010 at 07:12 PM   #20
AlchemistX

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBatt View Post
well, in high school, i played pump up songs
this year, ill continue the tradition
loool, i like to think of it as a battle, so it helps
Lol I treat it like im going to battle too.

I always walk to school, rain or shine and have Lupe Fiasco's Food and Liquor playing along the way. I get to school an hour early and find an empty tutorial room and go through my notes one last time. As i walk to the exam and up until i sit down i have my headphones in listening to music that gets me pumped. I get to the exam at the time it start so i dont have to wait in line and listen to others freak out, and it gets really hot down in ivor wynn. I always take 2 pens, 4 mechanical pencils, 1 case of lead and an eraser, excessive i know but hey better safe than sorry.

camais, Rakim like this.
Old 12-08-2010 at 07:23 PM   #21
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

I usually suck off the prof before an exam.

Luck must be on my side because I've been getting 12s in every class.

Old 12-08-2010 at 07:49 PM   #22
Botchio

Liked: 4 Times

lol!

no shaving or showering until exams are done, not a ritual really at all. I'm just extremely lazy and use the little social interaction that exams offer as a good opportunity to do absolutely nothing for a few weeks.

Rakim, SilentWalker like this.
Old 12-08-2010 at 08:11 PM   #23
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

Tap my pencils to a beat right before my exam to get me pumped : /

Rakim likes this.
Old 12-08-2010 at 08:24 PM   #24
mk90

Liked: 42 Times

First, I take a shower while rapping 99 problems by Jay-Z as loud as possible, contemplating that perhaps this exam is one of the 99 problems.
Second, I sit at my laptop and watch Mike Tyson quotes on Youtube for about 7 minutes.
Third, I go to the mini-mac in Keyes and buy an egg mac and an XL coffee.
Then, I go back to sleep until 20 minutes before the exam.
I wake up, eat the stuff, go to the exam.
Lastly, I memorize inconsequential material not related to anything on the exam, and recite those facts in front of people who clearly have pulled all nighters and freak them out. I enjoy as they cry during the exam.

Rakim, shockalot like this.
Old 12-08-2010 at 09:54 PM   #25
forever0zero

Liked: 39 Times

just before i leave home for my exam, i put baby powder on my hands and toss it up in the air

Old 12-08-2010 at 10:02 PM   #26
Jamalf

Liked: 49 Times

eat a whole box of smarties right before the exam, even its a 9am exam, and listen to lose yourself by eminem

Rakim likes this.
Old 12-08-2010 at 10:02 PM   #27
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Chocolate.
Lots and lots of chocolate.
Old 12-08-2010 at 10:06 PM   #28
pavlov

Liked: 72 Times

I usually try to do some sort of animal ritual killing as a sacrifice to the gods in hope of them providing good luck.

Afzal, chinadian, Rakim like this.
Old 12-08-2010 at 11:02 PM   #29
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

I try to tell myself, If i fail it's not end of the world!

Mazer, Rakim, shes-a-diva* like this.
Old 12-08-2010 at 11:13 PM   #30
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

I watch movies like this. And I try to avoid talking to people before exams, or being near them because their anxiety gets to me more than the exam....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKamV...eature=related

lux likes this.