MacInsiders Logo
View Poll Results: Do you replace or stack new stickers on your student card?
Replace 50 61.73%
Stack 31 38.27%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where do I go to get a new sticker on my Student Card? JayTup Academics 5 09-13-2010 09:36 PM
Student Card Sticker? erinn Academics 11 08-21-2010 09:21 AM
Replacing A Student Card Sticker zombiejesus General Discussion 11 10-20-2009 09:50 PM
Lost Student Card Sticker katie_batt General Discussion 10 09-03-2009 08:30 PM
McMaster Student Card = GO Transit Student ID (2009) goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 10 09-01-2009 01:55 PM

Do you replace or stack the sticker on your student card?

Old 08-04-2009 at 05:53 PM   #16
DavidR

Liked: 87 Times

I stacked. Secondary question: does anyone still have the original landscape student cards? I do! Managed to hang onto it for all 5 years.
Old 08-04-2009 at 06:30 PM   #17
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Replace.
Old 08-04-2009 at 07:34 PM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
I stacked. Secondary question: does anyone still have the original landscape student cards? I do! Managed to hang onto it for all 5 years.
What is that?
Old 08-04-2009 at 07:43 PM   #19
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
What is that?
That's the old school student card. Back in the day, (when pluto was a planet and) when DavidR and I started (along with many other people), the student cards were landscape oriented and the sticker went on the back. When you got on the bus you had show the front and the back.

To answer your question, DavidR, no I don't have it anymore. I think I managed to sleep on it after an eng pub and well...the card was no good to me crushed.
Old 08-04-2009 at 07:49 PM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyV View Post
That's the old school student card. Back in the day, (when pluto was a planet and) when DavidR and I started (along with many other people), the student cards were landscape oriented and the sticker went on the back. When you got on the bus you had show the front and the back.

To answer your question, DavidR, no I don't have it anymore. I think I managed to sleep on it after an eng pub and well...the card was no good to me crushed.
Oh wow, that sounds pretty neat. DavidR, can you post a picture if the front part doesn't have any personal information?
Old 08-04-2009 at 08:20 PM   #21
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

I also replace mine and the old one peeled off pretty easily.

Old 08-04-2009 at 08:34 PM   #22
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

protip: stacking is dumb.
Old 08-04-2009 at 08:36 PM   #23
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

I tried stacking, but after a couple years and shoving it in and out of my crowded wallet, they all started to peel... so i got scared and replace now.

....I keep the old stickers though XD

(Gotta love those landscape cards! As I recally Wyssel's could walk!)
Old 08-04-2009 at 08:53 PM   #24
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Definitely Replace.
Old 08-04-2009 at 08:54 PM   #25
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Stack.

I hate peeling stickers off. :| Gross.
Old 08-05-2009 at 11:43 AM   #26
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

I don't know what you're "supposed" to do, but I replace it because I love peeling the other one off. I peeled off some of my laminate as well.. My face is like half faded :/

I'm still kind of surprise we don't take new pictures. I look ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like I did in first year. I get a lot of flack from bus drivers because they think I'm using someone else's card.
Old 08-05-2009 at 12:21 PM   #27
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

Haha whenever another student from another univ sees my student cards they always wonder why it is in portrait format.

But yeah, just as information, if you ever want to use your student card as payment at Titles, it's easier to swipe and will ruin your sticker(s) less if you REPLACE as opposed to stack. Some students' stickers have completely lopped off because it was jammed as it was being swiped.
Old 08-05-2009 at 12:25 PM   #28
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

For all of you who stack (and use your student card to pay at Titles) once you get up to fourth year your stickers can prohibit your card from being swiped by staff. Sooo you may want to start taking them off.

----
I peel mine off. It's less of a pain in the long run, I've found.

----
I hated the landscape cards. I think because I always got yelled at by the bus driver because I'd forget to flip the card over

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-06-2009 at 01:12 PM   #29
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

You would think they would have designed the cards so that the swiping part of the card is not on the same side as the sticker...
Old 08-07-2009 at 06:20 AM   #30
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
I don't know what you're "supposed" to do, but I replace it because I love peeling the other one off. I peeled off some of my laminate as well.. My face is like half faded :/

I'm still kind of surprise we don't take new pictures. I look ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like I did in first year. I get a lot of flack from bus drivers because they think I'm using someone else's card.
I guess it's all about who you get. I lent mine to my fried one day when he forgot his. Needless to say we looked nothing alike. I am olive skinned with dark hair and mediterranean background, while he is much lighter in skin tone and hair colour due to his northern European background. The bus driver either didn't care or was the blindest person in the world, as I can't stress how dissimilar we look. Luck of the draw I guess.

BTW, I always peel off and place them on their corresponding report cards.