MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
meal plan Jesse.C First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 01-27-2013 06:29 PM
Meal Plan Du92 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 07-05-2011 10:11 PM
Meal Plan VoyozooT General Discussion 17 09-02-2009 09:57 PM
Meal Plan kimrose First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-24-2008 12:49 PM
meal plan? sarahc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-18-2008 01:59 PM

How do you tell what meal plan you picked?

Old 07-09-2013 at 09:50 AM   #1
amyarthur

Liked: 0 Times

How do you tell what meal plan you picked?
I'm just wondering where I can go to check which meal plan I picked.. basic, flex, or freedom

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2013 at 10:04 AM   #2
shelbs

Liked: 15 Times

I'm pretty sure when you're in first year the res meal plans include a basic portion, and a freedom portion. Flex starts out with $0 according to: http://hospitality.mcmaster. ca/mea...2011-2012.html (Not from this year but should give you a basic idea of how it works). If you go to that link you will see that all meal plans have the same amount of money in the "BASIC" account but differ in the "FREEDOM".

"Q: What is the difference between the BASIC and FLEX portion of my meal plan? A: The BASIC account represents the mandatory, non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-cumulative portion of all residence meal plans. It is non-taxable account saving you up to 13% and can be used for the food purchases on campus only. The FLEX account is an optional account that allows you to continue non-taxable purchases of food on campus once the Basic account is exhausted. The FREEDOM account gives you ability to purchase non-food items on campus and to dine at the participating Off-Campus vendors. All purchases made from the FREEDOM account will be subject to the appropriate taxes. At any time during the academic year, you can deposit into the FLEX and/or FREEDOM account or transfer monies between your FLEX and FREEDOM accounts. Unused funds in the FLEX and FREEDOM accounts will be automatically carried over to the next term or can be refunded to you, so there’s no risk involved!"

amyarthur says thanks to shelbs for this post.
Old 07-09-2013 at 09:14 PM   #3
LauraV
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 11 Times

yeah basically you have a certain amount on your basic plan that is used on campus and then your freedom account allows you to eat out at places off campus like east side marios or boston pizza for example. you have significantly more money on your basic plan... (maybe only $500 or something on your freedom). Its only if you top up your card that money can be put into your flex account to use as either.

amyarthur says thanks to LauraV for this post.
Old 07-10-2013 at 12:53 AM   #4
bumbum

Liked: Liked 2 Times

You can check all the info about your meal card account by logging on here:
http://mealcard.mcmaster.ca/acctnfo.htm

Also, on your payment agreement, it should say which meal plan you payed for.

amyarthur says thanks to bumbum for this post.
Old 07-10-2013 at 09:56 AM   #5
amyarthur

Liked: 0 Times

I looked on my payment agreement and it just says 2940 ? So I have basic and a freedom account ?