What do you want to see from 1280?

Old 08-06-2009 at 01:42 PM   #46
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katia View Post
random question....
a friend of mine who worked at Pheonix told me alot of people don't tip there. is this true? coz I used to go to Quarters alot andI always tip 3-4 bucks...meanwhile most dont?
I always tip! The tip will vary with level of service, but there's always at least a few bucks...
Old 08-06-2009 at 01:45 PM   #47
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino View Post
One of the things I'm hoping for this year is to get the MSU to contact HCAs/CAs at residence buildings to send out phone messages to students regarding MSU stuff. I want more first years to get involved with the MSU, just like I did in the past year.
Yeah phone messages wouldn't happen. There are strict regulations around sending them.

The MSU can use the RIS (the TV screens in the residences) to promote in residence. They already send an outrageous amount of posters to residences as well which the C.As put up.
Old 08-06-2009 at 01:46 PM   #48
mgallant

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by theomicron View Post
Yeah, the Phoenix has some good beers... especially Anti Gravity
Totally just tried Anti-Gravity last night, at West 50 in Mississauga. It was good!

.:callen:., tungo89 like this.
Old 08-06-2009 at 03:22 PM   #49
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

Okay some info on things I do know:

1) More taps are coming including dark beer and rotating taps aka more microbrew!
2) Phoenix pitchers are WAAAAY more expensive than Quarters. At Quarters domestic pitchers were $11. At Phoenix, the domestics are $14 + tax.
3) Residence Info systems have strict regulations governing it as well.
Old 08-06-2009 at 03:56 PM   #50
Ian Finlay

Liked: 28 Times

Hey guys. Last year we saw the choice of beers as something students wanted. With a new bar we tried to outfit it with new equipment too. We luckily secured a 9 tap draft system where we only had 6 before. Yeah only 3 more taps but it will go a long way with as Rohan mentioned rotating taps! For me I just like seeing Canadian on Tap, and maybe the random Apricot beer!

Also to note, there will be many more themed nights this year, that is why we created the promotions coordinator job so that they can organize and promote these! Much like the whiteout! and halloween from last year.

McIntyre, tungo89 like this.
Old 08-06-2009 at 04:40 PM   #51
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino View Post
One of the things I'm hoping for this year is to get the MSU to contact HCAs/CAs at residence buildings to send out phone messages to students regarding MSU stuff. I want more first years to get involved with the MSU, just like I did in the past year.
As a first year, I found those really annoying.
Old 08-06-2009 at 07:23 PM   #52
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool View Post
Okay some info on things I do know:

1) More taps are coming including dark beer and rotating taps aka more microbrew!
2) Phoenix pitchers are WAAAAY more expensive than Quarters. At Quarters domestic pitchers were $11. At Phoenix, the domestics are $14 + tax.
1) Amazing.

2) That's why you get a pitcher of Anti Grav for ~ $12!

But the Phoenix environment also didn't make me contemplate destroying it - easily work $3, no? haha
Old 08-06-2009 at 07:27 PM   #53
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Finlay View Post
Hey guys. Last year we saw the choice of beers as something students wanted. With a new bar we tried to outfit it with new equipment too. We luckily secured a 9 tap draft system where we only had 6 before. Yeah only 3 more taps but it will go a long way with as Rohan mentioned rotating taps! For me I just like seeing Canadian on Tap, and maybe the random Apricot beer!

Also to note, there will be many more themed nights this year, that is why we created the promotions coordinator job so that they can organize and promote these! Much like the whiteout! and halloween from last year.
Despite your questionable beer preferences....... I love you.

That brought a tear to my eye.

I love you. Almost as much as beer.

Ian Finlay says thanks to tungo89 for this post.
Old 08-06-2009 at 08:40 PM   #54
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

good cheap beer is all i need.
Old 08-06-2009 at 10:09 PM   #55
pinkshuniza

Liked: 2 Times

Chicken wings :$
Old 08-06-2009 at 10:18 PM   #56
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkshuniza View Post
Chicken wings :$
Now I'm craving chicken wings XD
Old 08-06-2009 at 10:23 PM   #57
pinkshuniza

Liked: 2 Times

same here
Old 08-07-2009 at 10:37 AM   #58
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by katesaidhi View Post
I'd like to see more comedy events.
Email Campus Events. They're the department that plans all the on-campus events (concerts, performers, comedy acts, dirty bingo etc). Quarters just hosts (most of) them.

-------

Go back to specials on each day...that are well-advertised. In my first year, Monday was wings night, Tuesday was x night Wednesday was y night etc (it's been awhile...all I remember was wing night). If there were daily specials last year I had no idea.

Have a customer appreciation day each term and sell everything for dirt cheap. And don't have that day on a bar night. It'll entice people to go back if they like what they buy on that day.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-13-2009 at 07:58 AM   #59
roxy007

Liked: 0 Times

When's the Grand Opening?? The first Thursday of classes- Sept. 10th???
Old 08-21-2009 at 10:51 PM   #60
dabulls

Liked: 14 Times

better music on pub nights.

CHEAP DRINKS

if you want to get people in the bar, why not have 3 dollar drinks all night long for house brands?

It works in other bars so why not here? Also, do stuff to get crowds in there on Saturday. Not too long ago, Saturday's were just as busy, if not busier than Thursday's were!!

Again, I suggest cheaper drinks. Maybe a 6 dollar cover, and 3 dollar drinks ALL NIGHT LONG.

Also, the line up. The bar has the worst line up set up I've ever seen. I've waited in line for 30 minutes only to get there and see 50 people in there. WTF