MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which residences has the "Women & Leadership" and "All-Female Community" themes? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 05-21-2012 11:15 PM
"Canadian College Students Superior to Americans?" - tytuniversity [video] lux Academics 7 02-26-2012 03:28 PM
Unusual combination...anyone here take both "Psych 2C03" and "Math 1LT3" dumbconsumer Academics 2 06-15-2011 08:09 AM
"What do you wanna eat?", "I dunno" Twelve Chars General Discussion 33 05-06-2011 06:22 PM
Psychology 1X03's "optional" and "required" texts WitekS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 40 08-26-2009 10:38 PM

Does "Honours" show up on the degree?

Old 07-15-2012 at 11:36 PM   #16
Incognitus

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marido View Post
Hey sorry for unrelated question but on that link it shows the required cumulative average in order to graduate but

B.H.Sc. -- 6.0 (on all graded courses)
B.H.Sc. (Honours) -- 5.0

Is the 1st one for non honours program? if it is why is the required CA higher than honours program?
and does the 1st one mean that if you got lower than 6 on a graded course then you cant graduate?
Yes, I believe you've understood it correctly...just be sure to note, in case you're unaware, that "Honours" does not mean "good grades" in this context. It means a 4 year degree;

So my point is, to get a B.H.Sc. (General) degree in 3 years, they require a 6.0. To get a B.H.Sc. (Honours) degree in 4, they require a 5.0.

While I too feel the honours degree should hold a higher standard than the general degree, it is kind of Apples and Oranges here. One could argue that in order to complete the degree in 3 years, one should achieve a higher level of standard to make up for it.
Old 07-16-2012 at 01:37 AM   #17
zwitter

Liked: 15 Times

So everyone in health sci auto graduates with summa cum lauda
Old 07-16-2012 at 08:48 AM   #18
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwitter View Post
So everyone in health sci auto graduates with summa cum lauda
Nice try making a jab at Health Sci, but it doesn't even matter if the vast majority of Health Sci's get summa cum laude. Since it's only 9.5, so many students have it from all faculties that the meaning of it gets diluted and it's basically irrelevant now. Summa cum laude, at this school, seems to mean "did moderately well".