MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Social work waitlist elle vayde First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-07-2016 04:33 AM
Upper Year Residence Waitlist/ Wait it out or apartment search? vampin19xx Residence & Housing 5 06-27-2014 12:14 PM
Waitlist for the offer CathDuong First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 05-06-2012 11:25 AM
Residence Waitlist davied First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 05-12-2011 09:40 PM
RESIDENCE waitlist EMERGENCY candacee Residence & Housing 11 06-19-2010 08:14 PM

How does waitlist residence work?

Old 06-05-2018 at 01:31 PM   #1
WaleedK905

Liked: 0 Times

How does waitlist residence work?
I just missed the residence deposit deadline and I am in stress right now! I resubmitted my application immediatley and now I will be put on the waitlist.

Can you guys tell me how the waitlist works? is it based off who applies first or higher averages?

Im already looking at off campus spots but is there anything I can do in this time to better my chances .
Old 06-06-2018 at 10:08 AM   #2
Phoenix95

Liked: 2 Times

You should get randomly assigned a number, it doesn't get based off of your average or anything. Are you upper year or first year? I was wait listed as upper year, and I would say chances to get in are low. They tend to cater to first years. Once first years are all done, then they will work on wait list. Special accommodations would probably be next, but first years are given priority.
Old 06-06-2018 at 01:31 PM   #3
WaleedK905

I took a year off before applying but this is my first year here so im guessing first year lol. I resubmitted my application 5 hours after the deadline closed (9pm June 4th) so hopefully im higher up on the waitlist!!
Old 06-13-2018 at 10:07 AM   #4
Phoenix95

According to the website, the give priority to first years coming straight out of high school. Did you get a guaranteed offer of residence? If so, then they will try to do their best to get you in. I think they are starting to let in more first years every year, and there are only so many spaces in residence. If you applied after the deadline, the website says that you will be ordered by the time they receive your application. You can view your wait list number on the portal, and just hope for the best. I would say to have back-up option ready in case they cannot fit you in.

WaleedK905 says thanks to Phoenix95 for this post.
Old 06-13-2018 at 03:54 PM   #5
WaleedK905

It says I recieved a guaranteed residence on the top of my residence application but my waitlist number is 314! I read somewhere that the higher number, the better chances but Ive seen more threads with people who have numbers under 100's. Do I have a chance??
Old 06-15-2018 at 11:04 AM   #6
Phoenix95

That's pretty far down... I would definitely look for a back-up option. The closer to the top you are the better the chance I would say. Don't fully depend on it because you don't want to be in a situation where school is about to start and you still are in limbo for a place to live.
Old 06-19-2018 at 01:39 AM   #7
WaleedK905

do i really have a chance? is there anything i can do to better my chances
Old 06-19-2018 at 11:06 AM   #8
Phoenix95

Not really... I can't say whether your chances are good or not, I would say that's far down and I would suggest looking at alternative options in case you do not get in. If you want to wait it out, and it turns out you cannot get in, then you'll be left scrambling at the last minute.

WaleedK905 says thanks to Phoenix95 for this post.
Old 07-21-2018 at 09:19 PM   #9
WaleedK905

my position is 288 as of now so yeah my hopes are dying down