MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Emergency Rally Tomorrow MacSociJust MacInsiders Announcements 3 10-12-2010 08:42 AM
any upper years on the waitlist for res this year? macbaby07 Residence & Housing 0 04-29-2010 04:54 PM
Emergency outdoor siren testing Daily News MacInsiders Announcements 7 02-01-2010 01:18 PM
Get Emergency Notifications Via Text Message lorend MacInsiders Announcements 7 12-28-2009 01:07 PM
emergency alert for cellphones? macculkin General Discussion 7 05-02-2009 11:34 AM

RESIDENCE waitlist EMERGENCY

Old 05-25-2010 at 09:23 PM   #1
candacee

Liked: 0 Times

RESIDENCE waitlist EMERGENCY
Where can i find what number I am on the residence waitlist for first year students
Old 05-25-2010 at 09:25 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by candacee View Post
Where can i find what number I am on the residence waitlist for first year students
That won't be available for a while. They are still accepting applications which means they still have to give room assignments. You can expect information in July.
Old 05-25-2010 at 09:28 PM   #3
candacee

thank you : )
there is no way i can see where i stand?
i dont understand i had an 80 average and i thought the cut off was 78%
Old 05-25-2010 at 09:40 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
You never received an e-mail from McMaster that told you about residence registration and guaranteed placement?

There is no way to see where you stand because the waiting list doesn't exist yet.
Old 05-25-2010 at 09:43 PM   #5
candacee

no i havent recieved anything from McMaster
The only information i have gotten has been verbal
I was told that :
I would be placed on a waiting list
and that the cut off for guarunteed residence was 78%
i have a late birthday so i will be 17 still and there is no way im not living in residence first year
Old 05-25-2010 at 09:51 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
no i havent recieved anything from McMaster
The only information i have gotten has been verbal
I was told that :
I would be placed on a waiting list
and that the cut off for guarunteed residence was 78%
i have a late birthday so i will be 17 still and there is no way im not living in residence first year
Try contacting McMaster, ask for the residence staff (not sure if it's housing or not). Tell them about your situation, how you had an 80 average and are on the waiting list.
Old 05-25-2010 at 09:56 PM   #7
candacee

okay,
thank you so much for your help!
Old 06-18-2010 at 05:56 PM   #8
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

how did everything go?
Old 06-18-2010 at 06:00 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

In another thread, someone said that your # on the waitlist is stated on your "Application Status" page.
Old 06-18-2010 at 10:13 PM   #10
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
did u apply late... that may have affected ur guaranteed status?
Old 06-18-2010 at 10:22 PM   #11
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

lol, I applied to residence late in first year and was position 250 on the wait list. Only the first hundred or so got in.

I don't get this "oh I'm still gonna be 17 so no way can I live off campus" crap. My birthday is late November, so I was 17 for most of first semester of first year, and I was fine :p.

On the bright side, living off campus is much cheaper .

temptingf8 likes this.
Old 06-19-2010 at 08:14 PM   #12
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I also missed the date we were supposed to sign up for Rez, so I ended up on the waiting list. I don't remember what number I was, but I ended up getting offered a spot in early July. Of course, by that time I had already found a house, so I passed on the offer and stuck with living off campus.

It was probably one of the best things that could have happened, living off campus turned out to be a blast. I couldn't recommend it more highly. You'll almost certainly get a nicer room at a MUCH better price, you won't have to pay for laundry, you won't need to deal with a meal plan and campus food, and best of all you get to set time to study/sleep without needing to worry about what a roommate is doing. Moving in/out will also be much easier, and the distance to class is rarely an issue. There are so many student houses within a 10 minute walking radius that you won't have any problem finding one. And while I might be a little bit biased, SOCS (Society of Off-Campus Students) always has an amazing Welcome Week.

While it might not have been your first choice, you should definitely consider living off campus.