MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What happens if I dont get into my 2nd year program? mfattal General Discussion 18 12-15-2011 12:20 AM
What happens if you DONT.... shes-a-diva* Academics 1 11-28-2010 01:00 PM
What dont you like about biking camais General Discussion 23 02-08-2010 03:47 PM
Electives that dont require you to go to class sycoman Academics 2 06-24-2009 10:21 PM
My students in the US dont know math Chad General Discussion 13 08-19-2007 09:14 PM

dont know what to do

Members have rated post #312278 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 04-27-2012 at 11:48 PM   #31
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan100 View Post
my mom recently got a job few weeks ago and our expenses are starting to heal so i believe i can definately concentrate more on my studies if i get reinstated. and how can i take coarses online if mcmaster were to kick me out
3rd time

Circa likes this.
Old 04-27-2012 at 11:49 PM   #32
Circa

Liked: 160 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
3rd time
Yeah at this point I think it's a lost cause.
Old 04-27-2012 at 11:49 PM   #33
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
thanks alot oh and how long are the courses usually
They say 6 months but it's at your own pace.
Old 04-27-2012 at 11:55 PM   #34
nan100

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
They say 6 months but it's at your own pace.
How many coarses am i allowed to take
Old 04-27-2012 at 11:57 PM   #35
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
How many coarses am i allowed to take
Lol at this point are you doing it just to piss people off?

And I have no idea--you should explore the Athabasca website or contact them to find out.
Keep in mind though, transfer credits won't count for marks at McMaster, just the credit (ie, pass/fail).
Old 04-28-2012 at 12:00 AM   #36
nan100

Quote:
Lol at this point are you doing it just to piss people off?

And I have no idea--you should explore the Athabasca website or contact them to find out.
Keep in mind though, transfer credits won't count for marks at McMaster, just the credit (ie, pass/fail).
no not trying to piss anyone off. im actually really scared of being kicked out just want to know what i can do.
Old 04-28-2012 at 12:01 AM   #37
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
no not trying to piss anyone off. im actually really scared of being kicked out just want to know what i can do.
No...I meant misspelling "courses" as "coarses" (That's why I bolded it)
Old 04-28-2012 at 12:06 AM   #38
nan100

Quote:
No...I meant misspelling "courses" as "coarses" (That's why I bolded it)
oh lol no i keep forgetting, 'courses'
Old 04-28-2012 at 12:38 AM   #39
Circa

Liked: 160 Times

Quote:
Oh man I know you are probably sincere but that could be mistaken for some masterful trolling -- completely missing the bolded "coarses"
Old 04-28-2012 at 12:38 AM   #40
Ish001

Liked: 26 Times

Hey there!

First of all, just take a deep breath and stop freaking out for a moment.
Believe it or not, tons of other people have been in the same situation as you and if they made it, then so can you.

I would recommend seeing Sally Willams ASAP. If you can make an appointment in person that would be to your benefit. If you were to describe the circumstances then maybe she might be able to offer some advice you haven't heard yet.

I might be mistaken but I think first year summer school averages for Engineering will count in calculating your average. Also, if a few of your professors know you, you can speak to them about maybe a grade boost. Don't count on it though.

It's not the end of the world. Just a minor setback that reminds you that you have to work hard to achieve your goal. Engineering is a difficult program, remember that.

Best of luck to you and don't give up hope just yet okay.

Abhimint says thanks to Ish001 for this post.

Abhimint, gillh33 like this.
Old 04-28-2012 at 12:59 AM   #41
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Step 1: calm down
Step 2: see sally williams

The rest u can see what u can do. there are options. at mac, eng courses u can repeat if u fail but the marks will be averaged. if ur still not high enough, apply for reinstatement. U wait a year (possibly) then start over with a clean record, a second chance. However, mess up one more and ur gone
Old 04-30-2012 at 03:45 PM   #42
nan100

is it possible for me to switch to btech with my current GPA ?
Old 04-30-2012 at 03:51 PM   #43
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
is it possible for me to switch to btech with my current GPA ?
If it's below a 3, then no, you can't directly switch to any program. You'd have to apply for reinstatement, and you could apply to btech then. If it's above a 3, then talk to Sally Williams.
Old 04-30-2012 at 06:04 PM   #44
lgdynasty

Liked: 24 Times

To the OP:

I can understand your situation with finance and stuff. I am in a similar situation. If life has taught me anything in university is that to never let anything affect your studies no matter how much it pains you to see you family struggle b/c of finance. Your job is to focus on your studies and pass for them. I know it's a lot of pressure. Also its not the end of the world for you yet. Apply for reinstatement, hand it to Gilmour hall. Ask Sally for options like taking courses like the math course that you failed this summer. Also, if you dont mind me asking which math did you fail. ZB3 or ZC3? Anyway good luck with your future.

Last edited by lgdynasty : 04-30-2012 at 06:12 PM.

jon.john23 says thanks to lgdynasty for this post.

jon.john23 likes this.
Old 04-30-2012 at 06:54 PM   #45
nan100

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgdynasty View Post
To the OP:

I can understand your situation with finance and stuff. I am in a similar situation. If life has taught me anything in university is that to never let anything affect your studies no matter how much it pains you to see you family struggle b/c of finance. Your job is to focus on your studies and pass for them. I know it's a lot of pressure. Also its not the end of the world for you yet. Apply for reinstatement, hand it to Gilmour hall. Ask Sally for options like taking courses like the math course that you failed this summer. Also, if you dont mind me asking which math did you fail. ZB3 or ZC3? Anyway good luck with your future.
failed zb3 by like 1 percent asked childs if he could possibly raise it but he said he couldn't. Sally said i can't take summer school if my GPA is lower then a 3.0.
I have proof of my mother having no income but will it be enough to be reinstated without waiting a year ?