MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biology 1A03 Lab Test shawafo First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 10-14-2011 01:09 PM
Doing the TB test at Mac hellonewyork Body & Food 0 03-10-2011 01:13 PM
BIO 1A03 Lab Test REPLEKIA/. Academics 17 11-25-2010 09:14 PM
G- Test Cassanova Automotive & Transportation 25 04-16-2010 10:43 AM
Bio 1A03 Test # 1! ~*Sara*~ General Discussion 9 10-09-2009 10:15 AM

Don't know what I should do for Bio 1A03 test

Old 03-11-2012 at 08:06 AM   #1
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

Don't know what I should do for Bio 1A03 test
I'v been falling so far behind in bio its crazy. For some reason every time the mid terms roll in I'll always skip this course to study for the other ones with tests coming up. Now this week friday will be a test for bio. Theres like 17 chapters in the book to cover, and I really have no confidence for myself. I was thinking of msafing it pushing it to my exam but I don't know how hard the exam is. I did decent on my first midterm aside from the written answers that always screw me up. I feel like I'll screw up on the written part again and it'll bring my mark down.

What do you guys think I should do? Any advice would be appreciated. I still have another midterm and a few things coming up for other courses too.
Old 03-11-2012 at 08:34 AM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Are the full notes posted on avenue? I remember there being skeleton notes but not sure about full ones... I also remember guest speakers' being like on question on the test, and a few qs on chromosomal abnormalities (I.e. given a picture of 23 cz and being asked the disease; although that was a few yrs ago). I wouldn't advise msafing; just do the word lists, skim the notes, and take a peek at masteringbio and everything shouldn't be so horrible...
Old 03-11-2012 at 09:10 AM   #3
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

full notes are somewhat posted i guess but they really aren't too detailed, id have to read the book of course, and we don't have mastering bio sadly. I just feel, overwhelmed with bio
Old 03-11-2012 at 10:49 AM   #4
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Take the test. Don't whimp out. You have to learn to succeed in university, and this is part of it.
Old 03-11-2012 at 12:15 PM   #5
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

wtf? the 2nd test for bio 1a03 will cover like 5-6 chapters. the whole course only covered like 14 chapters anyways with each midterm focusing on only 5 and the final being 60% on the last 4 chapters in first term. i never went to that class and only studied a few days before the midterm to get caught up and did fine. 2 chapters will be on kaijuras and the next 3-4 will be the 2nd prof. 2 hours a chapter is fine considering each chapter is like 15 pages. and no need to feel overwhelmed. midterms dont cover much material and the final is focused on 4 chapters only. no one kept up with bio 1a03 until a week before the test or final.

omgwtfitsp says thanks to Silver for this post.
Old 03-11-2012 at 09:21 PM   #6
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Bio 1A03 has shockingly little content. A small amount of study should enable you at least get a 10 in the course. And welcome to university. Forever behind...
Old 03-11-2012 at 10:05 PM   #7
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

read the book.. or atleast skim it.. i remember falling behind quite a bit (missed quite a few classes) but the textbook stuff was sufficient enough to do well in the course... if u are given skeleton notes jus go thru those and try to fill it in with help of hte text