MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is 3rd year Enviro Sci course or 3rd year psych courses easier? lovekblue Academics 2 02-28-2013 09:12 AM
Hon. B.A. in Psych 1st year courses thereaction First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 23 06-14-2010 10:13 PM
Psych 2nd and 3rd year courses Richa Academics 7 06-10-2010 09:16 AM
2nd year Psych courses missmatch Academics 3 06-25-2009 03:23 AM
3rd year bio and psych courses to take dacrown4life Academics 0 06-18-2008 01:18 AM

Dr. Day 3rd year psych courses

Old 05-22-2013 at 04:03 PM   #1
raptorboi

Liked: 6 Times

Dr. Day 3rd year psych courses
Anybody have some input about Dr. Days 3rd year courses such as
  • Positive Psychology 3BA3
  • Attitudes and Beliefs 3CB3
  • Forensic Psychology 3CC3
I have taken his abnormal psych2ap3 and personality psych 2b03 classes and have enjoyed and done well in them. How do the 3rd year courses compare? Some pros and cons?

Thanks
Old 05-22-2013 at 05:06 PM   #2
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

All his courses are structured exactly the same (lecture-wise, test-wise, etc). Only difference is that Positive does NOT have an online quizbank (at least it hasn't yet). Keep that one in mind for sure, but it's a nice course otherwise.

As always his teaching is amazing and well worth attending and taking the course for that alone, along with the fact that all of the subject matters are very interesting imo.

Other than that, I'd suggest taking a look at course reviews found on this site, as his classes are pretty well discussed by people. If you did okay in his 2nd year courses, then you'll do similarly in the upper year ones too as the only main difference is subject matter and material
Old 05-22-2013 at 06:48 PM   #3
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

I wanted to take forensic psych! :.)
I saved it for a treat in my last year. :.))
And...it's not offered...:.(
Old 05-22-2013 at 07:06 PM   #4
kitty1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 26 Times

Positive Psych was a really good course. Compared to personality and abnormal it covers LESS material and the first 'unit' is mostly review from personality. Even without the online practice quizzes it wasn't bad at all, the material itself teaches you so much about everyday things you will love it. I haven't taken forensic psych but it's only offered every other year so it won't be offered in the upcoming year! If you're graduating next year then you won't get a chance to take it.

The pre-req for attitudes and beliefs is social psych which is taught my Dr. Ostovic. She's a good lecturer overall but her midterms were not easy. I wouldn't recommend taking it unless you're okay with a low-ish mark but of course your learning style is different so you might like her.

Dr. Day also teaches adolescent psych and the pre-req for that is child development taught by dr. ostovic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorboi View Post
Anybody have some input about Dr. Days 3rd year courses such as
  • Positive Psychology 3BA3
  • Attitudes and Beliefs 3CB3
  • Forensic Psychology 3CC3
I have taken his abnormal psych2ap3 and personality psych 2b03 classes and have enjoyed and done well in them. How do the 3rd year courses compare? Some pros and cons?

Thanks
Old 05-22-2013 at 10:23 PM   #5
mike4

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
I wanted to take forensic psych! :.)
I saved it for a treat in my last year. :.))
And...it's not offered...:.(
I just wanted to correct the above posts and say that forensic psychology WILL be offered according to the tentative timetable. I have a friend who inquired and apparently they are offering it again due to demand. So, there is hope!

Zebedee says thanks to mike4 for this post.

DMe3, Zebedee like this.
Old 05-30-2013 at 12:15 PM   #6
lax257

Liked: 0 Times

I took Positive Psych with Dr. Day this past semester and it was by far one of my favourite courses, simply because the stuff you learn is not like any another other course (personally)! It's all about feeling good, doing good and the evidence to prove it.

Much like Personality Psych, two midterms and an exam with the same level of difficulty. Like mentioned in the posts above, it's structured exactly like Psych 2B03 all the way from question types to testable textbook material! It may seem repetitive simply because it is the same idea over again but if you liked Maslow, Rogers, Jung and are okay with his testing style, then definitely try it
Old 06-08-2013 at 09:06 PM   #7
SkDsouza

Liked: 0 Times

Can someone write a review about Psych 3CC3? Thanks!