Dress for Success! temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-05-2009 10:57 AM

how to dress

Old 09-03-2009 at 02:49 PM   #136
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ.MVP View Post
right now i got a pair of saucony shoes for badminton. Are the yonex shoes good for badminton? btw how is the badminton scene in mac? im definitely joining this year but don't really know how to go about doing that.
There's a strong badminton scene.... look for the badminton club's table at clubsfest, they have a pretty good thing running every year.
Old 09-03-2009 at 02:50 PM   #137
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Yeah, I joined the club last year and it was fun. Planning to join again this year ^-^. It was 15$ for the whole year last time.

But there are also random days when there are badminton nets set-up and you can play for free. You'll need to bring someone to play with though. But 15$ for the entire year is worth it and you can go alone if you don't have anyone to go with. They do rotations.
Old 09-03-2009 at 03:00 PM   #138
LBJ.MVP

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Yeah, I joined the club last year and it was fun. Planning to join again this year ^-^. It was 15$ for the whole year last time.

But there are also random days when there are badminton nets set-up and you can play for free. You'll need to bring someone to play with though. But 15$ for the entire year is worth it and you can go alone if you don't have anyone to go with. They do rotations.

is there also a team for this?
Old 09-03-2009 at 03:02 PM   #139
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
is there also a team for this?
Varsity team? Yes... they're extremely good though. Go for it, but I hope you're awesome!
Old 09-03-2009 at 03:14 PM   #140
LBJ.MVP

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
Varsity team? Yes... they're extremely good though. Go for it, but I hope you're awesome!
well i think i have a chance. So is their tryouts or sum where u have to register? sry i have no clue how this goes in university.
Old 09-03-2009 at 03:16 PM   #141
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
well i think i have a chance. So is their tryouts or sum where u have to register? sry i have no clue how this goes in university.
email: [email protected] and inquire... the coach is Nay Kaneda

Website: http://www.athrec.mcmaster.c a/athl...inton/mbad.htm

LBJ.MVP says thanks to Taunton for this post.
Old 09-03-2009 at 03:18 PM   #142
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
http://www.athrec.mcmaster.c a/stud...te/tryouts.htm

I kind of want to try out, but I'm not the best and I'm really rusty now. I think I lost my ability to smash but then again I'm more of a dropping person.
Old 09-03-2009 at 03:31 PM   #143
Taunton
Elite Member

I found this article, which is somewhat on-par with the topic of this thread... I found it kind of funny because it describes me quite well XD

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/homes...guy/index.html
Old 09-03-2009 at 03:37 PM   #144
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
I found this article, which is somewhat on-par with the topic of this thread... I found it kind of funny because it describes me quite well XD

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/homes...guy/index.html
' "Men collect free T-shirts, no matter how hideous they are!" Estes says sympathetically.

Wait, how did you know they were free?! I ask.

Estes laughs. "Men think free T-shirts are the most amazing thing ever only because they're free" '

lol Is this true?
Old 09-03-2009 at 03:38 PM   #145
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskie View Post
' "Men collect free T-shirts, no matter how hideous they are!" Estes says sympathetically.

Wait, how did you know they were free?! I ask.

Estes laughs. "Men think free T-shirts are the most amazing thing ever only because they're free" '

lol Is this true?
It's true for me! LOL Probably half the shirts I wear on a regular basis were free. There's nothing wrong with them, and I'm just a t-shirt and jeans type of guy anyways!
Old 09-03-2009 at 03:40 PM   #146
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

rofl awesome
Old 09-03-2009 at 03:40 PM   #147
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Hey I love free tshirts too. I'm not a guy...
Free things in general are great!!! You just use the ones that aren't as... fashionable as pajama tops. No one needs to know hehehe
Old 09-03-2009 at 03:45 PM   #148
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

I think guys think free things are awesome because we can never get cheap clothes like women can.
Old 09-03-2009 at 03:50 PM   #149
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Yeah, I don't know why it's like that. STC and Limeridge have women only...

Oh, Fairview has both genders ^-^ That's closer to me than Eaton's Centre.
Oh wow, I thought at least STC would have both sections =/. Oh awesome, I was talking about fairview , since I live like 2 minutes from it =]

Yeah, I don't understand why guys' clothes are so expensive, well expensive relative to women's clothes =/
Old 09-03-2009 at 03:51 PM   #150
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Hehe I know. Ooooooooooooh I went to Conneticut last week and there was this old navy store - everything 40% off (not clearance items) and NO TAX on anything above 50 bucks. So, I got several hoodies for 9 bucks, my brother got some 7.50 shorts and some nice polo shirts for 11. it was a good day