Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dress code for events on OSCAR Chris98 Academics 10 10-10-2010 02:48 PM
Dress for Success! temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-05-2009 10:57 AM

how to dress

Old 09-03-2009 at 05:55 AM   #91
Jessica_Yu

Liked: 0 Times

i hate skinny jeans because it makes me look fat.
Old 09-03-2009 at 06:16 AM   #92
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica_Yu View Post
i hate skinny jeans because it makes me look fat.
Then wear straight jeans, or a jean with a wide leg.

If something makes you look fat, it's not the right fit.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-03-2009 at 06:18 AM   #93
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

It depends on what people consider 'fat' and how they view themselves.
Old 09-03-2009 at 06:37 AM   #94
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
It depends on what people consider 'fat' and how they view themselves.
Well of course, but if you're not some 90 pound girl and you do believe that you could geniunely lose a few pounds, then skinny jeans probably aren't the right fit for you. I watch a lot of What Not To Wear.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-03-2009 at 07:18 AM   #95
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Well of course, but if you're not some 90 pound girl and you do believe that you could geniunely lose a few pounds, then skinny jeans probably aren't the right fit for you. I watch a lot of What Not To Wear.
Omgosh, that show is hilarious! I wish they were in Canada. If they were, I'd dress really badly, get people to recommend me and ca-ching!, 5000 dollars in New York. <3
Old 09-03-2009 at 07:42 AM   #96
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

Wow I just read this whole thing and it seems like their is a stereotype going on about the people who are wearing heels and nice clothes to class.

I wear heels, I wear nice clothes, I do my hair for class (not dramatically but it's nicely done). But I don't show up for class late and try to blame it on my footwear and if I do show up late for a class and I'm wearing heels I feel just as annoyed with my shoes as you do at that very moment. I hate skinny jeans, not everyone who likes fashion likes skinny jeans, I have an ass so I can't wear those jeans.

Also I wear nice clothes because I want to wear nice clothes, not because I'm worried what other people think of me. If I wanted to wear sweatpants and a hoodie everyday, I would.

jachill, JY123, riegerjh, TTHX like this.
Old 09-03-2009 at 08:01 AM   #97
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KafiaJM View Post
It's cool that Mac is so casual. But what does that mean for people who dress up a little more. (I'm not talking about anything impractical.) Do they stick out like a sore thumb? Does anyone care?
Nope, they don't stick out. First and second year I wore tshirts, jeans and hoodies all the time. That looked fine. Since third year, my style has changed and I wear heels and nice clothesand dress up a little more. That looks fine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingénieur.xo View Post
Wow I just read this whole thing and it seems like their is a stereotype going on about the people who are wearing heels and nice clothes to class.

I wear heels, I wear nice clothes, I do my hair for class (not dramatically but it's nicely done). But I don't show up for class late and try to blame it on my footwear and if I do show up late for a class and I'm wearing heels I feel just as annoyed with my shoes as you do at that very moment. I hate skinny jeans, not everyone who likes fashion likes skinny jeans, I have an ass so I can't wear those jeans.

Also I wear nice clothes because I want to wear nice clothes, not because I'm worried what other people think of me. If I wanted to wear sweatpants and a hoodie everyday, I would.
I agree 100%
Old 09-03-2009 at 08:11 AM   #98
ghjkghkghkgh

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasailuddin View Post
my success was due to a strict subway diet

Did you also get aides?

Equinox likes this.
Old 09-03-2009
ghjkghkghkgh
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-03-2009 at 10:06 AM   #99
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

On the topic of apparel, I have 4 pairs of wearable Nikes.
One pair is too big after my sister lost the orthotics. (Y)
One pair is suede (I did not know that suede was an animal product and don't plan to buy any more) which I ruined by exposure to water
And one pair is a pair I wore last year on a trip and associate solely with that location
And same with the newest pair I have.

I intentionally wear my ugliest shoes out of the house to preserve the good ones.
I had a pair of astronaut like boots.
They kept me very warm.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 09-03-2009 at 10:09 AM   #100
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
On the topic of apparel, I have 4 pairs of wearable Nikes.
One pair is too big after my sister lost the orthotics. (Y)
One pair is suede (I did not know that suede was an animal product and don't plan to buy any more) which I ruined by exposure to water
And one pair is a pair I wore last year on a trip and associate solely with that location
And same with the newest pair I have.

I intentionally wear my ugliest shoes out of the house to preserve the good ones.
I had a pair of astronaut like boots.
They kept me very warm.
Are Nikes the only shoes you wear?

I don't have that many shoes:
1 Reebok (I just bought)
1 Timberland 6inch boots
1 Yonex (That's right, badminton FTW!)
Old 09-03-2009 at 10:15 AM   #101
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Once upon a time, classes start at 8:30am, I wake up at 8:20am realizing I'm going to be late, get up and freshen up in 5 mins, grab some cookies for breakfast, bike there in 3 mins while eating the cookies and I made there in time but my shirt was on backwards.

Afzal likes this.
Old 09-03-2009 at 10:18 AM   #102
blahzay

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Are Nikes the only shoes you wear?

I don't have that many shoes:
1 Reebok (I just bought)
1 Timberland 6inch boots
1 Yonex (That's right, badminton FTW!)
Timberland boots
Old 09-03-2009 at 10:32 AM   #103
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

I have this BRIGHT red GIANT winter coat. I bought it because my old one doesn't fit... and in the beginning I kind of regretted it because it looked very... odd. It's not exactly in style. But omg.. SOOOO warm. The pockets have that cottony stuff on the inside so I stay all toasty all day long in winter. And everytime I wear that coat, just to keep my self esteem up I imagine people looking at me and going 'wow.. I wish I was that warm'. I feel much better. And since I haven't seen anyone making strange looks in my direction when I wear it, I'm assuming people at mac really don't care about what you wear.

If you see a knee length big poofy RED coat in winter, walking around like I own the world, you'll know it's me.

lawleypop, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 09-03-2009 at 10:33 AM   #104
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

@ Jeremy, I enjoy Nikes a lot because there are so many different styles and they're comfortable. I don't like purchasing more feminine footwear because they wear so easily.
My mum and I bought me these more appropriate and less kiddish boots last year and now they have a hole in them.
My Nikes last.
Except the suede ones...
And when I thought Lysol-ing vinyl was a good idea.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences