MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Early Admission????????Linear Schoool AllanG First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 02-21-2013 03:27 PM
Guaranteed Admission Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 03-19-2012 05:56 PM
Residence Admission nikJ Academics 2 06-15-2011 10:26 PM
1280 admission LT. NKC General Discussion 1 01-30-2011 11:35 PM
Business admission amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 03-22-2010 08:25 AM

Early Admission!!!!

Old 11-21-2014 at 12:11 PM   #1
BoscoXu

Liked: 1 Time

Early Admission!!!!
Hey,

I already applied to Mac for social science BA degree. I just want to know whether Mac will be sent out the early admission? If yes, around when? Because I know that some of universities, they just send out the early admission at the end of December.

As for me, I already sent my secondary school transcript to Mac, because I already completed the high school, and applied transfer to MAC....

Old 11-21-2014 at 08:55 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

For high school students, it's usually January-February that the first offers go out. It might be different for transfer students.

And relax with the "furious" things...what on earth do you have to be furious about?
Old 11-21-2014 at 09:48 PM   #3
BoscoXu

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
For high school students, it's usually January-February that the first offers go out. It might be different for transfer students.

And relax with the "furious" things...what on earth do you have to be furious about?
Because I really hope to get in MAC...Do you think I have chance to get in social science with high school average low 80s?
Old 11-22-2014 at 08:20 AM   #4
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoscoXu View Post
Because I really hope to get in MAC...Do you think I have chance to get in social science with high school average low 80s?
I don't know if times have changed, but I got into Mac in 2008 with a low 80s average for soc sci with an entrance scholarship, I found out in February. The waiting game is excruciating, but be patient and you'll have an answer soon enough.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 11-22-2014 at 10:52 AM   #5
BoscoXu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescw1234 View Post
I don't know if times have changed, but I got into Mac in 2008 with a low 80s average for soc sci with an entrance scholarship, I found out in February. The waiting game is excruciating, but be patient and you'll have an answer soon enough.
Ok. When I go to open house last Saturday, there is one student there who is our tour guide, she told me that she is in social science too with low 80s average enter the program. Also I asked the admission people that day, they said they will send out the offer in February.

But I cannot wait that much long time.... I really want to get in MAC..Hopefully I can get in sooon....