MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Easy Second Year Electives TLulu Academics 1 06-30-2010 12:50 PM
easy electives for first year luna First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-29-2010 11:29 PM
Easy First Year Electives? Sweetie321 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-26-2009 06:35 PM
easy 2nd year electives megzx89 Academics 1 12-29-2008 11:02 PM
Easy first-year Social Sciences Electives? Mr.Prodigy Academics 6 12-08-2008 07:36 AM

Easy First Year Electives

Old 06-24-2013 at 03:14 PM   #556
oldviking

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatimaa View Post
@Olidviking
Thanks!

Do you know about CMST 1A03 and how it compares with English course?
Sorry! No. But is seems to be popular. So there should be some opinions out there.

fatimaa says thanks to oldviking for this post.
Old 06-24-2013 at 03:51 PM   #557
Brendan

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatimaa View Post
@Olidviking
Do you know about CMST 1A03 and how it compares with English course?
I didn't take any English courses but I did take CMST 1A03. There were 6 short and easy assignments throughout the course (that comprised 60% of the final grade - 10% each) but there were a lot of readings. There were two textbooks: one on practical communication skills and one on communication theory. Neither had material that was particularly hard/confusing, but I found it to be a lot to study for the midterm/final exam.

fatimaa, PrabhjotBal all say thanks to Brendan for this post.
Old 06-25-2013 at 01:40 PM   #558
RiskBreaker

Liked: 5 Times

I wouldn't recommend taking any religious courses at Universities, especially if you follow the religion the course teaches. Everything that the course teaches about that religion will usually consist of criticism and by the time you get out of there you will become more confused about what you are initially believed in than when you were when you entered the course.

Good Luck.
Old 06-25-2013 at 01:46 PM   #559
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskBreaker View Post
I wouldn't recommend taking any religious courses at Universities, especially if you follow the religion the course teaches. Everything that the course teaches about that religion will usually consist of criticism and by the time you get out of there you will become more confused about what you are initially believed in than when you were when you entered the course.

Good Luck.
I strongly disagree.

Everything that the course teaches generally is NOT criticism. It is, however, important to keep in mind that taking a course on X religion is not an attempt to convert the audience to that religion nor is it meant to give similar information as attending a service for said religion. Criticism of a religion, particularly one that you have been raised in or converted to, is extremely important. If you are deaf to the criticisms of your religion then you are ignorant. If you honestly consider the criticisms and work your way through them yourself, your faith will be stronger for it.

Besides, these are university courses, meant to encourage critical thinking rather than blind acceptance.
Old 06-25-2013 at 02:50 PM   #560
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

Econ 1B03 is really easy, Holmes gives A LOT of bonus marks (you get an extra 3% on your final mark for just bubbling in your student number, another 5% for bonus quizzes, and another 3% for bonus questions on tests/exam). This is an extra 11%, it's not hard to get all of it.

So someone that really deserved a 79% in the course, can finish with a 90% because of all those bonus marks. If you work on the practice tests she gives you, study her notes once in a while, you will do fine.
Old 06-25-2013 at 02:56 PM   #561
mastercool

Liked: 22 Times

I personally found Econ 1b03 really boring and hard to study for.

On the other hand, Econ 1bb3 was a complete joke. Biggest bird course in the entire university. Most questions are based on common sense, so if you don't know the answer to the questions, you can just rely on intuition.

Even with all the "bonus marks" in the world, there is no guarantee that you will achieve a high mark in Econ 1b03. The tests are a joke, but I found the exam to be kind of difficult (again, mainly because the material put me to sleep in seconds).
Old 06-29-2013 at 06:58 AM   #562
theoneandonly

Liked: 0 Times

Easy first year electives
Unfortunately I'm doing my course selection later than most, but would like to know which course is the easier first year elective between ART HIST 1AA3, LINGUIST 1AA3, and ENVIR SC 1A03. Please don't suggest music because that's filled up. Please provide any relevant info regarding the course material and the degree of difficulty of all/the easiest of the 3 courses. I also hate essays and courses which require extensive open ended thought and thinking, so if someone could reveal which of the 3 demands the least of it, it would be greatly appreciated. To make it even more clear, which 2 of the 3 above should I take in terms of easiness?

Last edited by theoneandonly : 06-29-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 06-29-2013 at 12:56 PM   #563
thuks0251

Liked: 10 Times

I'd go for Enviro sci, most of the enviro sci courses are easy From the looks of it, it looks like an easy, but dry course: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...b03-22068.html

I personally am not a fan of any art history courses or linguistics, I'd rather take a language course like French (which I did). And this was an easy course imo, it lasted for a year, and it was also fun!

Good luck!
Old 09-21-2013 at 05:28 PM   #564
xiaoliu

Liked: 7 Times

Easiest electives?
I know there have been many threads about this topic, but i am wondering in your opinion, what were the easiest electives that required the least amount of work?

I am thinking of dropping my geo 1ha3 for another course.
Old 09-21-2013 at 05:34 PM   #565
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Discussion has been moved to a new thread for 2013-2014 here:

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...2.html?t=88052