MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
easy social science/ humanities as an elective? ae1011 Academics 19 06-07-2010 10:03 PM
Easy 3rd year science courses zemianr Academics 8 05-22-2010 04:42 PM
Easy Science Electove sweetso Academics 2 05-11-2010 08:24 PM
easy humanities and social science courses? shreya s. Academics 24 05-02-2010 11:16 AM
EASY COURSE in the Life Science list ishk33 Academics 12 08-16-2009 07:44 PM

How EASY/HARD is Enviornmental Science 1A03?

Old 05-13-2010 at 03:08 PM   #1
rated1234

Liked: 0 Times

How EASY/HARD is Enviornmental Science 1A03?
For those who are in Enviornmental Science 1A03, how easy or hard is this course? This is speaking from a guy who is fairly good at memorizing concepts. Are there a lot of application questions? Do you think this is a bird course?

thanks

Last edited by rated1234 : 05-13-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-13-2010 at 03:38 PM   #2
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

I didn't find it hard but I'm in Earth Sci and I'm kinda a nerd for that kinda stuff.
Old 05-13-2010 at 03:45 PM   #3
Sultan

Liked: 3 Times

The course is a bird course, you should be able to get 11 easily or 12. If not, maybe 10. You have to memorize basically everything.

Even though this is a bird course, I will not recommend it, its so extremely boring, both what you learn, and the classes. Labs also get on your nerves after a while, even though they are not hard, just tedious.

No application questions that I can remember, it was literally regurgitation the diagrams you saw. Actually he does have application questions, sort of, that he asks at the end of each class but they get answered in the next class and before the exam everyone chips into a massive google doc for all the correct answers so again that is also memorizing.

This is the course I had the hardest time studying for because its just so boring. The concepts are just so ...dry.
Old 05-13-2010 at 03:49 PM   #4
rated1234

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
The course is a bird course, you should be able to get 11 easily or 12. If not, maybe 10. You have to memorize basically everything.

Even though this is a bird course, I will not recommend it, its so extremely boring, both what you learn, and the classes. Labs also get on your nerves after a while, even though they are not hard, just tedious.

No application questions that I can remember, it was literally regurgitation the diagrams you saw. Actually he does have application questions, sort of, that he asks at the end of each class but they get answered in the next class and before the exam everyone chips into a massive google doc for all the correct answers so again that is also memorizing.

This is the course I had the hardest time studying for because its just so boring. The concepts are just so ...dry.
thanks for the advice, btw, who was your professor?
Old 05-13-2010 at 03:54 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Just a little information that you should keep in mind. Bird courses are relative. Just because it's a bird course for one person doesn't mean it's a bird course for another person. For instance, I would consider Physics 1B03 and Math 1A03 bird courses because everyone should have learned most of the material in highschool already. But I doubt a lot of people would agree with me.
Old 05-17-2010 at 07:50 PM   #6
amyshi

Liked: 19 Times

I totally agree, in the end I think you should take a course that you ENJOY. Things just come easier to you when enjoy the submit. I took 2 calcs, 2 physics and 2 chems in first year which I did very well in but some people would consider difficult. Anyways, so I decided to take a econ course that most people labeled as a "bird course" and found myself banging my head against the desk every time I had to look at my notes, not to mention I literally yawn myself a puddle every class. I cannot tell you how painful it was. The point is, DO WHAT YOU LIKE