MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Easy Third or Fourth Courses from Honours Life Science Course List Swampis Academics 1 06-10-2013 02:54 PM
What courses are easy? barclayyy Academics 13 10-09-2012 11:54 PM
Easy 3rd year science courses zemianr Academics 8 05-22-2010 04:42 PM
easy humanities and social science courses? shreya s. Academics 24 05-02-2010 11:16 AM
Easy courses abounac Academics 15 03-31-2009 07:12 PM

Easy Science Courses

Old 12-20-2014 at 12:25 AM   #1
beatsbydre

Liked: 1 Time

Easy Science Courses
Hello Macinsiders!

Anyone know of any easy science courses (preferably in the life science/biology course list)

Personally, I found Earth Sci 2EI3 and Life Sci 2H03 to be extremely easy (both with Bernier). 10% Iclicker grades, tutorial participation grades, online quizzes, and assignments (TAs are very generous in terms of grading these). Exams are only worth ~35% and all MC (Again, very EASY).

Which science courses did you find relatively easy & interesting?! (light workload, difficulty of midterms/exam)

Happy holidays !
Old 12-20-2014 at 12:29 AM   #2
beatsbydre

Bio 2F03 and Bio 3DD3 with Kolasa are also SUPER easy! (Again, all multiple choice). Flexible marking schemes, as well as, many bonus marks.
Old 12-20-2014 at 07:02 AM   #3
lilrush

Liked: 6 Times

I second BIO 2F03.
Also, ASTRON 2B03 wasn't bad (the tests are easy but depending on TA you can get wrecked on the assignment).
Old 12-20-2014 at 05:52 PM   #4
bradyr

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsbydre View Post
Bio 2F03 and Bio 3DD3 with Kolasa are also SUPER easy! (Again, all multiple choice). Flexible marking schemes, as well as, many bonus marks.
Isn't Bio 3DD3 kinda hard? He only gave 4 bonus marks, and his test questions are random aren't they? And for a final with only 60 MC questions worth 50% of your mark, it seems so risky.

How did you find Bio 3DD3?
Old 12-20-2014 at 05:55 PM   #5
bradyr

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsbydre View Post
Hello Macinsiders!

Anyone know of any easy science courses (preferably in the life science/biology course list)

Personally, I found Earth Sci 2EI3 and Life Sci 2H03 to be extremely easy (both with Bernier). 10% Iclicker grades, tutorial participation grades, online quizzes, and assignments (TAs are very generous in terms of grading these). Exams are only worth ~35% and all MC (Again, very EASY).

Which science courses did you find relatively easy & interesting?! (light workload, difficulty of midterms/exam)

Happy holidays !
To answer your question, I would say Biochemistry 3G03 is pretty easy, Stats 2B03 is very easy, Biochemistry 2EE3 is easy, Life Science 2H03 is pretty easy, I've taken all of them.

I find that courses without an exam are pretty easy because you don't have a heavy final or anything that can really bring you down. For example, a lot of people in Biochemistry were going into the exam with 90+ and only needed around a 70 on the final 20% test to get a 12.
Old 12-24-2014 at 01:53 PM   #6
beatsbydre

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyr View Post
Isn't Bio 3DD3 kinda hard? He only gave 4 bonus marks, and his test questions are random aren't they? And for a final with only 60 MC questions worth 50% of your mark, it seems so risky.

How did you find Bio 3DD3?
I thought his questions were straight forward, just like bio 2f03. His questions are not random at all.. I mean he does throw in a few trick questions but they are all straight from the notes. And I'd say 4 bonus marks is very generous for a science course. As long as you attend lectures, understand the concepts, and review the details from his pdf lecture notes which he posts on avenue double digit grade is easily attainable.
Old 12-24-2014 at 03:14 PM   #7
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

enviro 2ei3, life sci 2h03, life sci 2n03, biochem 2ee3, 3g03...any course with yang. he teaches some 4th year bird courses also. stats 2b03, physics 1l03, all health sci courses that are available to life sci students are bird. if science kids could take regular health sci courses then this school would be jokes for science faculty. the other science courses arent bird and take time to do well in but most of them are doable. some courses are very difficult that id stay away from are some 3rd and 4th year life sci courses, some molbio courses, and some upper year earth sci courses. biochem courses in general are pretty easy.