MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is economics 4th year courses necessary to minor in economics? lululand Academics 3 09-06-2010 11:36 PM
RESP Forms flash First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-03-2010 03:19 PM
Decoding short-forms for buildings. xo.monica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 09-04-2009 08:33 AM
RESP Forms AMano General Discussion 10 07-31-2009 01:45 AM

Economics SPACE forms?

Old 08-11-2010 at 07:50 PM   #1
lizziemcg

Liked: 7 Times

Economics SPACE forms?
I filled out a space form to request a seat in an economics course for the 2010-2011 school year and still haven't heard back. Just wondering if anyone else has.

Thanks!

mike4 likes this.
Old 08-11-2010 at 08:12 PM   #2
JL37

Liked: 5 Times

I didnt hear back from them either but I got in 2G03 today! it might still be available

lizziemcg says thanks to JL37 for this post.
Old 08-11-2010 at 08:33 PM   #3
lizziemcg

No way that's awesome! .. I'm still trying to get into mugsi. But thanks, I'm glad it's still possible
Old 08-12-2010 at 02:54 AM   #4
MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziemcg View Post
I filled out a space form to request a seat in an economics course for the 2010-2011 school year and still haven't heard back. Just wondering if anyone else has.

Thanks!
Were did you find the form? Im wondering if there is something like this for MMedia or Linguistics?
Old 08-12-2010 at 07:51 AM   #5
lizziemcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy View Post
Were did you find the form? Im wondering if there is something like this for MMedia or Linguistics?
There's a link at the bottom left hand side of the economics home page (http://www.economics.mcmaste r.ca/). I know you don't need one for econ, but just as an example this is what it looks like http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/econ/form...grad/space.htm. I don't know if it's exclusive to the economics department or not, but I'm in commerce and they haven't been offered for any of my courses before.
Old 08-16-2010 at 10:41 AM   #6
Taya

Liked: 1 Time

Just spoke to the economics department, said they will be replying to space forms via email to all students this week! Good luck

lizziemcg says thanks to Taya for this post.
Old 08-20-2010 at 09:17 PM   #7
mike4

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taya View Post
Just spoke to the economics department, said they will be replying to space forms via email to all students this week! Good luck
How do they contact you...by email? Its nearing the end of the week and have yet to be contacted! My inbox is constantly being watched lol
Old 08-20-2010 at 09:52 PM   #8
JL37

they didnt contact me by email, but i just checked on solar today, and in my unused course permissions i have authorization for a spot in econ 2H03. check there!
Old 08-22-2010 at 03:19 AM   #9
mike4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL37 View Post
they didnt contact me by email, but i just checked on solar today, and in my unused course permissions i have authorization for a spot in econ 2H03. check there!
I did...ugh, oh well. Fingers crossed.

Has anyone gotten access to economics 1b03?
Old 08-22-2010 at 08:32 PM   #10
lizziemcg

I didn't apply for a space in 1B03, but I did get seats in other second year courses (I found out Friday). I thought they would email my "@mcmaster.ca" address but the email somehow showed up in my hotmail inbox (?). Also, like another user mentioned, the courses I got a space in now show up as being available on solar, but only for three days. So if you haven't gotten in yet, try checking in another day or so as someone may have chosen not to take a course or could have forgotten to register.

Either way, good luck!

mike4 says thanks to lizziemcg for this post.
Old 08-28-2010 at 10:22 AM   #11
mike4

I got in! Finally...thanks for the help