MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to setup my McMaster email to my apple email on my Macbook? ibro95 Computers & Tech 3 07-19-2011 02:30 PM
anyone else get a weird email from UTS about your mac email account? darkstar General Discussion 19 01-16-2011 10:37 AM
Mac places sixth in university rankings Email Story Email story PrintPrint Text Size Iamanonymous General Discussion 1 11-06-2009 09:42 AM
What happens if I keep a conflict? Kathy2 Academics 3 09-12-2009 09:35 AM
conflict ,,, raja First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-06-2009 10:36 AM

Who to email for course conflict?

Old 08-09-2013 at 04:15 PM   #1
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

Who to email for course conflict?
I'm in Life Sciences, and one of my courses in the department of life science is conflicting with another course.

Who do I email to resolve this conflict? I tried the professor of the course but no response.
Old 08-09-2013 at 05:43 PM   #2
Cpl. Saint

Liked: 1 Time

Hey Naval which courses are conflicting are they mandatory courses or electives? From my experience I had a course conflict last year which was an elective (french) I emailed the humanities office and they managed to slot me in the night class (which was already full). However they told me in the email to ask my faculty (science) first next time. I had also asked to professor to be registered in the conflicting course and to take the evening class and she was fine with it. I think it is a case by case basis. I think most profs are accommodating. Good luck

naval23 says thanks to Cpl. Saint for this post.
Old 08-09-2013 at 05:49 PM   #3
naval23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Saint View Post
Hey Naval which courses are conflicting are they mandatory courses or electives? From my experience I had a course conflict last year which was an elective (french) I emailed the humanities office and they managed to slot me in the night class (which was already full). However they told me in the email to ask my faculty (science) first next time. I had also asked to professor to be registered in the conflicting course and to take the evening class and she was fine with it. I think it is a case by case basis. I think most profs are accommodating. Good luck
It's a life science course that is mandatory for life sciences (the program I'm in), and a biology course which is an elective.

I emailed the life science office, so I'll see if they reply since the prof didn't reply. I want my life science tutorial to change.

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2013 at 06:50 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by naval23 View Post
It's a life science course that is mandatory for life sciences (the program I'm in), and a biology course which is an elective.

I emailed the life science office, so I'll see if they reply since the prof didn't reply. I want my life science tutorial to change.

Thanks!
Do you mind providing the course codes so we can provide a little more insight possibly?
Old 08-09-2013 at 07:19 PM   #5
naval23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Do you mind providing the course codes so we can provide a little more insight possibly?
Life Sci 2A03 and Bio 2C03 have a conflict, I want to keep my bio tutorial and change the life sci 2a03 one.
Old 08-09-2013 at 07:26 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by naval23 View Post
Life Sci 2A03 and Bio 2C03 have a conflict, I want to keep my bio tutorial and change the life sci 2a03 one.
Oh gotcha. Because it's a tutorial (I thought it was a core initially), no one will really change it for you yet. They will just tell you to keep checking SOLAR. However, if in the next few weeks (until mid-September before tutorials start and SOLAR closes), you're unable to get a spot then you can email Sarah Robinson from Life Sci or Rebecca Woodworth from Bio to change one of them. Pretty sure you will, so don't worry! Just keep trying SOLAR