MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
enable MAC ID Services ? ruby101 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-04-2010 06:31 PM
Mac Id Services Question icecubz Academics 7 06-30-2010 11:43 PM
Health Services Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 03-05-2009 10:07 PM
Mailing services kim282 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-05-2008 09:40 PM
Activation and Enabling Goodness Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-04-2008 10:52 AM

Enabling MAC ID Services

Old 09-05-2012 at 11:57 AM   #1
jawwadmq

Liked: 0 Times

Enabling MAC ID Services
Hey everyone,
I know this issue has been encountered by a lot of you and I believe i followed all of the many instructions and advice given. I completed my registration almost a month ago I have my timetable and everything I even called the registrar's office to make sure my registration was fully complete. However, when I try to enable my MAC ID services I get the following message:
  • At this time you are not eligible for a McMaster Email account.
    • This service is based on your academic registration.
    • When you have completed your academic registration through SOLAR, you will be able to activate your Email and other MAC ID services via MUGSI Quick Links: "Enable Email & Mac ID Services".
  • Contact the UTS Service Desk for assistance (email: [email protected] or telephone: 905-525-9140 extension 24357).
As the message instructs to call UTS I did so and the account was resetted and I had to activate my MAC ID again which I have done. I contacted UTS again and I was told to contact the registrar's office, the person at the registrar's office kept on complaining how its a technical issue and should be dealt with UTS while my registration was being confirmed for the 5th time. I called UTS back and was told they can only keep on resetting my MAC ID and to figure it out from the registrar's office but would not give me a direct contact that could resolve the problem and I was transferred to the registrar's office again. Where the person had a hunch that it might take 24 hours for the system to be updated and what not. Now I have spent 2 hours bouncing between UTS and the registrar's office, waited more than 24 hours, and firstly I'm quite disappointed with UTS because they should be able to figure this out, secondly of the university because we're given a slew of things to adhere to as a student but its own staff can't figure out things in a timely manner that I believe is the university's responsibility. Now after my rant, lol, can some one please give me some advice regarding this situation or who to contact or what to do next? thanks
Old 09-05-2012 at 08:06 PM   #2
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

When you have 2-3 hours to spare tomorrow, go meet someone at the UTS Service Desk IN PERSON. Be firm about your problem and tell them you've already waited 24 hours as instructed on the phone + the rest of your rant. Tell them you need this problem fixed TODAY and that it is very important to activate it NOW, since the Study Year has already begun & you will be needing your MacID to sign-on to McMaster's systems and applications, and for other services for which it is used. Good Luck bud.