MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review Engineering Timetable DarthFuzzy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-24-2010 09:24 AM
Engineering I Timetable Review Please Ish001 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-10-2010 12:01 AM
First-Year Engineering Timetable? Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-14-2010 03:12 PM
first year engineering timetable Bodun Academics 34 05-25-2010 02:53 PM
Computer Engineering Timetable.. blackdragon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-21-2009 04:36 PM

Engineering 1 Timetable

Old 08-19-2010 at 07:28 AM   #16
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times

Hm, I have a question. I want to take a screenie of my timetable. BUT, it doesn't fit into one clean screen shot - and so I thought of decreasing the size but those pictures are unclear. How is everyone else fitting the whole thing into one picture? I'm sure most of us have to scroll to view the whole thing.

*is lost*
Old 08-19-2010 at 09:21 AM   #17
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Prt Scr and Paint don't work?
Old 08-19-2010 at 09:27 AM   #18
Zachary

You mean pasting two halves then joining them?

/deadbrain
Old 08-19-2010 at 09:29 AM   #19
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Ya, that would probably work.
Old 08-19-2010 at 09:32 AM   #20
Zachary

*headdesk*

My brain's let me down.

ETA: Right, I couldn't edit my first post for some reason, so I'll just attach the timetable here. Hopefully they're much clearer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Engineer Term1.jpg (81.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Engineer Term2.jpg (79.4 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Zachary : 08-19-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-20-2010 at 05:19 PM   #21
Zachary

I don't know if I can do this. Oh well. But I still think I need help/ have someone go over my timetable.

Bump.
Old 08-21-2010 at 07:53 AM   #22
erinn

Liked: 2 Times

Term 1: As they said before, you might want to switch up your Chemistry and Physics labs. Move Chem to say, Friday after your C03 lab, because seriously, unless your a total n00b with computers you won't be in that lab for the full three hours ever (I know I was never there for the whole time). Also as said before, Okon for physics and Mclean for math. They are both funny dudes who make learning the material more fun. But Dr. McKay and Childs make the tests for physics and math respectively.

Term 2: first thing I noticed, your taking English. Don't. You have enough work with your engineering stuff that you don't need extra readings and essay's to write, unless you LOVE english, it will be more of a burden and you won't enjoy it. It also may bring down your average. Get Zurob for materials and you will be good to go. Also Farmer is weak for 1D04, but I didn't have Smith so I don't know if he's any better.

Other than those few things, your time table looks like every other first year engineering students. Packed full of classes, stupid little breaks, and a lot of labs. Good luck in first year! If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a message!!
Old 08-21-2010 at 08:49 AM   #23
Bodun

Liked: 0 Times

for the term 1 timetable, yours is better than mine .., is there anyway to change the time, but not the course?
Old 08-21-2010 at 08:53 AM   #24
erinn

You don't have to change the core sections on your timetable really, you can go to whichever lecture you want, they don't take attendance.
Old 08-21-2010 at 04:35 PM   #25
Zachary

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinn View Post
Term 1: As they said before, you might want to switch up your Chemistry and Physics labs. Move Chem to say, Friday after your C03 lab, because seriously, unless your a total n00b with computers you won't be in that lab for the full three hours ever (I know I was never there for the whole time). Also as said before, Okon for physics and Mclean for math. They are both funny dudes who make learning the material more fun. But Dr. McKay and Childs make the tests for physics and math respectively.

Term 2: first thing I noticed, your taking English. Don't. You have enough work with your engineering stuff that you don't need extra readings and essay's to write, unless you LOVE english, it will be more of a burden and you won't enjoy it. It also may bring down your average. Get Zurob for materials and you will be good to go. Also Farmer is weak for 1D04, but I didn't have Smith so I don't know if he's any better.

Other than those few things, your time table looks like every other first year engineering students. Packed full of classes, stupid little breaks, and a lot of labs. Good luck in first year! If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a message!!
Thanks for the reply . Let's see. I've been meaning to change the labs around but I'm not 100% sure how to do that. Will I have to change the whole Chem 1E03 or can I only change the lab? (I don't want to mess around with SOLAR unnecessarily :p). So say, I change L26 to L29/L30 (11:20 to 14:30, Fridays). Would that work out well?

I don't love English. I ADORE it . One of my favourite subjects, so I don't think readings will be a problem - I might already have read the piece in question, heh. I'd like to think having taken A level English makes you used to essays et cetera so not overly worried on that account either.

Now, I'm pretty sure I made a list of the professor's I have a while back, hang on...
Here it is (don't mind the format, lol but I think I'm lucky; maybe):

Kehler, GL English 1a03

Okon, W Physics 1e03

McKay, NL Physics 1d03

No name Maths 1zc3

Childs, A Maths 1zb3

Mares, B Maths 1za3 (McLean for tutorial)

Smith, S Engineer 1d04

Doyle, T Engineer 1c03

Fleisig, RV Engineer 1p03

Barbier, JRH Chem 1e03

Provatas, N Matls 1m03

Moro, A Linguist 1a03
Old 08-21-2010 at 09:12 PM   #26
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

An engineer who adores English....

Gentlemen, I believe we have discovered a new species!

clouds, ThagsanaR, Zachary like this.
Old 08-22-2010 at 06:44 AM   #27
erinn

I believe that you can only change your lab time somehow on SOLAR... I personally never mess around with my timetable so I wouldn't know. And yes if you changed your chem lab to Friday's it would work out better, in terms of when you need to do your pre-labs etc. It looks like you have some pretty good profs, and just remember that if you don't like one of them, you can always sit in on a different lecture section.

Oh and I agree, you are a new species of Engineer. One who adores English. Best of luck!
Old 08-22-2010 at 12:28 PM   #28
Zachary

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me.

And, I feel it must be said ...

I feel speshul A whole new species lol.
Old 08-25-2010 at 11:18 PM   #29
Zachary

Just a quick question. Instead of moving the Chen lab to Friday 11.30 - 14.20, what would the timetable looks like if it was on the same day, but from 15.20 to 18.30 instead, would that work just as fine?

Of course, I want that 11.30 - 14.20 time slot but they're all full :(. Is it worth waiting a few days for an opening or should I accept my lot in life and take the 3 - 6 one?

Thanks
Old 08-28-2010 at 12:04 PM   #30
Zachary

I really, really do not want to triple post but this won't get bumped otherwise and I'd like to make sure what I'm doing is fine.

Instead of moving the Chem lab to Friday, I'm going to move it to Tuesday, 11.30 - 14.20. I think it'll work out fine since I only have a couple of cores and a tutorial that day. Thoughts?

P.S - When is the Maths test during welcome week exactly? When I asked the bloke in the Registrar's office, he said something like Sept. 5 though he was kind of unsure. That right?

ETA: It seems I have no choice AT ALL - but have to get a 8.30 lab. EVERY OTHER lab is full and I can't choose the other times as it would conflict with my timetable. Ho hum. What day would be best for that? Monday, Wednesday or Thursday?

Last edited by Zachary : 08-28-2010 at 12:43 PM.