MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
First Year Engineering: 1P03, 1C03 and 1D04. ruffy General Discussion 7 07-08-2009 06:00 PM
Engineering 1P03 aj-maxx First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 12-15-2008 07:29 AM

Engineering 1P03

Old 05-24-2009 at 07:29 PM   #16
ericvan1

Liked: 1 Time

Engineering 1P03
Required course for 1st year engineering students. This course is intended to introduce students to the practice of professional engineering.

This is the only 1st year engineer course that spans both terms. One lecture a week. This course teaches you what to do with all the technical...

Last edited by ericvan1 : 05-24-2009 at 10:40 PM.

all say thanks to ericvan1 for this post.
Old 11-27-2010 at 03:04 PM   #15
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times
Easiness ? Maybe before, but now 1P03 is a ONE TERM . We are rushed to do the project. Every week, you got to meet with you're team at least twice.
Old 11-27-2010 at 09:59 PM   #16
Rstevenson

Liked: 25 Times
our project was still only in one term, we just had a bunch of assignments in first term so...
Old 01-09-2011 at 03:54 PM   #17
DarthFuzzy

Liked: 7 Times
This course SUCKS
Old 01-10-2011 at 11:53 AM   #18
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Easiness ? Maybe before, but now 1P03 is a ONE TERM . We are rushed to do the project. Every week, you got to meet with you're team at least twice.
Because it was rushed, later at the end of the semester, you won't get feedback before you need to hand in the revision.

Definitely a time consuming course.

Depends on how lucky you are (groups are done randomly), you might meet some people that are willing to do work.

I would recommend to not take it if you can!
Old 01-13-2011 at 07:59 PM   #19
Rstevenson

Liked: 25 Times
ummm....Every engineer has to take it...
Old 01-13-2011 at 09:43 PM   #20
phln3

Liked: 22 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rstevenson View Post
ummm....Every engineer has to take it...
HA! I know. It was sorta of a joke.
Old 04-24-2011 at 11:25 PM   #21
mc_kumar

Liked: 13 Times
Pointless
In all honesty, it was such a pointless course. It was a 1 term course and they would throw assignments at you every week. At first it was rather easy, then when the group assignments started coming in, thats when it was just plain repetitive and boring. The project was okay I guess, but lectures were boring. Textbook was a pain, since the exam completely different. Meh.
Old 07-29-2011 at 11:42 PM   #22
jitto92

Liked: 0 Times
this was actually one of my best courses. The one thing I did hate was that it took a lot of my time that entire term, with all the tutorials and lectures and group meetings every week. The midterms were okay, however I felt like they didn't really test my understanding of the course.
Old 09-10-2012 at 11:09 AM   #23
spasojm

Liked: 0 Times
I suggest making a good impression on your T.As second semester they will mark the term project.
Old 06-12-2015 at 11:07 PM   #24
justicebeaver

Liked: 9 Times
The course if one term now. The Project is worth 60% and Exam Worth ~30% with ~10% assignments (sorry can't remember exact numbers)

Its very easy to do well. But group work can be a pain. Hope you get decent group members and just try and divide up the work and do it as soon as possible.

The lectures aren't the most interesting, but does provide some good knowledge about engineering.

The project last year was designing a device to help fuel a car for a person who has trouble holding the gas pump due to pain.
The project this year was designing a device to help a person do everyday tasks, such as cutting food, buttoning a shirt, tieing shoe laces. The client had limited mobility in his hand and fingers.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search