MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engineering Level I courses LukeEngineer First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-27-2010 04:54 PM
Anyone going to Engineering Level 2 ????? endearing66 Academics 15 07-06-2009 05:59 AM
Getting into level 2 engineering Programme anthonyvella First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 03-12-2009 08:42 PM
SOLAR Level 1 Engineering tungo89 Academics 8 07-02-2008 09:52 PM

Engineering Level II Question

Old 04-28-2010 at 10:52 PM   #1
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

Engineering Level II Question
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Can you guys help me out?

I'm not really updated on stuff and don't have a lot of people to ask but here goes.

I have applied for Engineering Level II programs and here are my choices:

1. Mechatronics Engineering Coop and Management
2. Civil Engineering Structural Coop and Management
3. Engineering Physics Coop And Management
4. Engineering Physics Coop

Now... I really want to get into Mechatronics. If I don't meet the requirements for Mechatronics Coop and Management,
will they still honour the Mechatronics and Coop only choice?

I know it was silly to put management on three of them but I didn't know what to do then.

As a follow up question, will I be able to speak to Sally Williams (Eng Coordinator) to be able to appeal this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-28-2010 at 11:03 PM   #2
kldv
Just Some Guy

Liked: 35 Times

They will simply drop management if you don't get the necessary requirements for it. However, last I heard, you may just need the requirements for management to beat the others into tron.
Old 04-29-2010 at 10:10 AM   #3
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by VastHorizon View Post
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Can you guys help me out?

I'm not really updated on stuff and don't have a lot of people to ask but here goes.

I have applied for Engineering Level II programs and here are my choices:

1. Mechatronics Engineering Coop and Management
2. Civil Engineering Structural Coop and Management
3. Engineering Physics Coop And Management
4. Engineering Physics Coop

Now... I really want to get into Mechatronics. If I don't meet the requirements for Mechatronics Coop and Management,
will they still honour the Mechatronics and Coop only choice?

I know it was silly to put management on three of them but I didn't know what to do then.

As a follow up question, will I be able to speak to Sally Williams (Eng Coordinator) to be able to appeal this?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, once you place Management first, then they'll automatically consider you for it even if it doesn't match the discipline you chose for it first. The reverse also applies; if you don't get into Management but you get into the department you want, you'll be given an offer to that.

I'm pretty sure you can't appeal, but what Sally Williams can do is put you on a wait list. Because not everyone chooses their first offer, there may be positions available in both the Management portion and whatever discipline you didn't get.

As a result, you did sort of throw away your last choice but in this case it doesn't matter since no one gets rejected from Eng Phys.