MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
English help De La Soul First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 10-09-2010 02:39 PM
English? Mfm12 Academics 2 06-26-2010 03:48 PM
English 2C03 marygold Academics 1 06-18-2010 12:28 AM
History 3W03/Women's Studies 3G03 ardenelva 3rd Year Course Reviews 0 06-07-2010 10:42 AM
English 3V06 kokosas 3rd Year Course Reviews 0 04-10-2009 06:14 PM

English 3W03

English 3W03
Native Canadian Literature
Published by kokosas
12-07-2008
Published by
MacInsiders Staff

Author review
Overall Rating
80%80%80%
Professor Rating
90%90%90%
Interest
80%80%80%
Easiness
90%90%90%
Average 85%
English 3W03

This class was taught by Rick Monture in the Fall of 2008. Rick is a great prof, he's very easy going and easy to get along with. He's a little disorganized but that doesn't stop him from giving lecture.

The course content wasn't as interesting as I had hoped. I was hoping for more stimulating conversation regarding Native issues but I later found out that that was in another class! The only problem that I had with this class was that besides the fact that Rick had to explain some cultural references to us, there wasn't much in taught that I couldn't have deduced myself. That being said, some of the short stories were very interesting to read.

Over all, I would recommend this class because the literature makes for a pretty good read and Rick's stories are pretty funny. Ask him about Kurt Cobain sometime, I dare you.

And watch out... he's tall
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for English 3W03!

Old 12-11-2008 at 11:41 AM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Year: Alumni
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
I took this course Term I of 2008-2009.

I took Native American Lit before taking this course, and since I enjoyed that one I decided to take this one too. I enjoyed it as well.

Although I really liked the material I found that some of the content would have been more interesting had we gone into more depth; however, a lot of students struggled with a lot of concepts relating to Indigenous people, which is why this was likely avoided.

That being said, I really enjoyed the material we were expected to read; I will be keeping the books as I often do with ones I've really enjoyed.

The course had a short essay, a longer essay, a midterm and a final exam.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Reply With Quote Deleted Post Deleted Post

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search