MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When will I get my entrance scholarship? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-26-2012 03:56 PM
Entrance Scholarship? MaryS Financial Aid 5 09-23-2010 11:53 PM
Entrance Scholarship? KafiaJM First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 05-26-2009 03:20 AM
entrance scholarship pinkpony First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-09-2008 02:50 PM
Entrance Scholarship jag6232 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 33 06-09-2008 11:13 PM

entrance scholarship? credit card?

Old 09-13-2012 at 07:03 PM   #1
banana93

Liked: 11 Times

entrance scholarship? credit card?
HI.
Does anyone know when we will be able to use our entrance scholarship(student card)?
I thought the scholarship was already in my student card, so i used it to purchase textbooks +ect.
I went on to mugsi to check the balance, and i realized i used the student card as a credit card, not the entrance scholarship.
And the account statement on my mugsi says -$someamount under the student account balance. what is this -ve sign in front of the money indicating? (it says we don't pay this money...it's a credit).
And the books i bought with my student card is also included in that balance....
So did i use my entrance scholarship or i used it as a credit card which i have to pay later...ANYONE WANT TO SAVE ME FROM THIS CONFUSION?
Old 09-13-2012 at 07:06 PM   #2
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Your entrance scholarship would of appeared in your payment agreement on MUGSI, it is not applied directly to your student account.

So make sure that you used your scholarship as a method of payment in your payment agreement.

banana93 says thanks to GCSM for this post.
Old 09-13-2012 at 07:10 PM   #3
banana93

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSM View Post
Your entrance scholarship would of appeared in your payment agreement on MUGSI, it is not applied directly to your student account.

So make sure that you used your scholarship as payment in your agreement.
I thought if you check scholarship as one of your payment options in the agreement, you are using it towards the tuition fee. I called the school and the lady told me if i don't check scholarship as one of the payment option, then it would be in my student account....which then i can use to buy textbooks + school supplies..ect
Old 09-13-2012 at 07:10 PM   #4
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

I believe a negative amount indicates that they owe money to you. So when you used your card to buy Books it took it away from the amount. Here is a quick way to check.

When you bought the books did it make the amount smaller or bigger?
If you go to the Accounts office they will give you your cheque for the remaining amount

banana93 says thanks to Crzyrio for this post.
Old 09-13-2012 at 07:13 PM   #5
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana93 View Post
I thought if you check scholarship as one of your payment options in the agreement, you are using it towards the tuition fee. I called the school and the lady told me if i don't check scholarship as one of the payment option, then it would be in my student account....which then i can use to buy textbooks + school supplies..ect
That may be the case...I think there are two 'buckets' of money in your account. Payment agreement and Student Account. Titles takes from the Student Account, the scholarship is more than likely in your Payment agreement 'bucket'

But what Crzyrio said is true...they can give you a check for the remaining amount.
Old 09-13-2012 at 07:16 PM   #6
banana93

But the -ve amount is -$6999. My entrance scholarship is $1000. How can university owe money to me?? ..i'll just go to accounts office tomorrow. )
Old 09-15-2012 at 10:11 AM   #7
sarahsullz
Sock Scientist
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 105 Times

What happened with me in first year is that I'd paid off my tuition before I got my entrance scholarship. That left me with a negative balance on my student account that could then be used at Titles. It seems like you're in the exact same situation