MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Faculty and Program Series Part One: The Faculty of Social Science lorend Faculty & Program Series 4 09-01-2009 09:09 AM
Faculty and Program Series Part Four: The Faculty of Humanities feonateresa Faculty & Program Series 14 08-29-2009 11:01 AM
Humanities Faculty Night lavalampsky First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 09-04-2008 10:25 AM
Humanities Faculty - Events and stuff!! Chad General Discussion 0 09-25-2006 11:11 AM

Faculty Of Humanities

Old 05-02-2011 at 11:18 PM   #121
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna View Post
also do people really go towards med schools from this faculty?
yes, i've also known of people having degrees in history and going on to become a doctor
Old 05-17-2011 at 12:48 PM   #122
De La Soul

Liked: 1 Time

Is it possible to do a double major if one program is Honours (4 year) and the other isn't (3 year)? i.e. Hon. English and Indigenous Studies?
Old 05-17-2011 at 01:29 PM   #123
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna View Post
also do people really go towards med schools from this faculty?
Yep! My friend is also going to go into Med School and he's a philosophy major

oranges likes this.
Old 05-17-2011 at 01:33 PM   #124
sinnersdrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Soul View Post
Is it possible to do a double major if one program is Honours (4 year) and the other isn't (3 year)? i.e. Hon. English and Indigenous Studies?
Yosra! And I'm not sure, I think it's possible but you'd have a ton load of electives and such. Try talking to an advisor, they'd probably give you more information than I am.
Old 05-17-2011 at 03:09 PM   #125
De La Soul

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnersdrown View Post
Yosra! And I'm not sure, I think it's possible but you'd have a ton load of electives and such. Try talking to an advisor, they'd probably give you more information than I am.
Remaz I know man, I need to ask someone who knows forsure. I would think you should be able to as long as you fulfill the requirements for each but yea I need to ask an advisor.
Old 05-17-2011 at 04:32 PM   #126
sinnersdrown

Yeah but you'd have to do a whole lot of electives I think :S
Old 05-17-2011 at 05:57 PM   #127
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

It's not a listed option. There's double major that's honours/honours, or honours with a minor, or B.A. with a minor, but no honours/B.A. You should talk to Jackie O to see if it's possible. Some rules bend and some don't at this school.
Old 05-17-2011 at 07:22 PM   #128
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 468 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Soul View Post
The only program that combines a four year and three year program is the Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Social Work program. If you wanted to do a combined BA in indigenous studies and another subject, you would have to do a three year degree. If you want to do a four year degree, you are able to minor in indigenous studies.

Hope that helps.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 05-28-2011 at 02:28 PM   #129
sandramik3

Liked: 0 Times

I am a science student and I wanted to take English 1AA3 this year (2011/2012) and the two professors teaching are James King (semester 1 )and Dr. Hyman (semester 2). Any suggestions which semester I should take the course?
Old 05-28-2011 at 03:57 PM   #130
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandramik3 View Post
I am a science student and I wanted to take English 1AA3 this year (2011/2012) and the two professors teaching are James King (semester 1 )and Dr. Hyman (semester 2). Any suggestions which semester I should take the course?
I haven't had either of those profs but I have heard that James King is supposed to be excellent. I also took this class and I must say it was also phenomenal! I had Dr. Sarah Brophy. It was a really interesting ourse and she was a great prof; I'm not going to lie though, I ended up doing poorly in it but I can honestly say it was all because of the TA. That's just the luck of the draw. Also, I really hated most of the material she chose for the class (she's taught it the past 2 years and used the same material in both years). It was all modern stuff which isn't my thing but as I said, the course was still excellent. Dr. King will pick his own new material, though, so it should be interesting! Def take the class though! Also, I recommend English 1A03 (the shorter genre), it was my first ever class and I loved it. They were both great experiences. Good luck!
Old 06-10-2011 at 06:58 PM   #131
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times

Cmst 2e03
Hey has anyone taken this course - from slang to formal discourse? I was wondering if anyone could tell me a bit about it, thanks.
Old 09-22-2011 at 09:58 PM   #132
ak21

Liked: 14 Times

is it possible to do multimedia & major in computer Science?
Old 09-23-2011
pswomg
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-23-2011 at 04:28 PM   #133
sinnersdrown

It might be. You might want to contact someone about that.