MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Faculty and Program Series Part One: The Faculty of Social Science lorend Faculty & Program Series 4 09-01-2009 09:09 AM
Faculty and Program Series Part Four: The Faculty of Humanities feonateresa Faculty & Program Series 14 08-29-2009 11:01 AM
Humanities Faculty Night lavalampsky First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 09-04-2008 10:25 AM
Humanities Faculty - Events and stuff!! Chad General Discussion 0 09-25-2006 11:11 AM

Faculty Of Humanities

Old 09-05-2008 at 04:58 PM   #91
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

You would find that out when you get your syllabus/tutorial syllabus.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-05-2008 at 05:24 PM   #92
ralphd

Liked: 0 Times

hey is there any chance of taking a business course in humanities? I really want to do some sort of business course because I think its a great thing to know.
Old 09-06-2008 at 10:11 AM   #93
ralphd

anyone?
Old 09-09-2008 at 12:25 PM   #94
Dolce

You can probably take economics, but there really is no business course in general... there's consumer culture or pop culture which is more of a marketing perspective on things.you could take some Human resourse classes or negotiation class. However I doubt these are the things you'd expect a business course to be. I am in business but only in 3rd and 4th year is when we acctually get to take interesting classes.
Old 09-09-2008 at 12:26 PM   #95
Dolce

PS- I acctually need a book in this humanities class I'm taking thsi term:

POPULAR CULTURE: A USER'S GUIDE

if anyone has it, message me here or on facebook: Kat Haddadin
Old 11-19-2008 at 04:35 PM   #96
ralphd

hey
is there anyway of gettin a double major in mmedia and economics, if so is it common and is it a good idea?
Old 11-19-2008 at 10:14 PM   #97
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

I'm pretty sure you can do a double major with Multimedia and Econ. I think when we discussed majors in one of my Multimedia classes earlier in this term someone said that was their major.

I don't think it is common though. The most common double major for Multimedia is with Communication studies.

As for it being a good idea, I suppose that you be up to you. Do you think it will help you in the future to have a background in Economics and Multimedia?
Old 05-10-2009 at 04:52 PM   #98
dkbaumann

helloooo,
i was wondering if anyone was familiar with western's faculty of information & media studies? If so, how does it compare to mcmaster's communications & multimedia programs?
i've been accepted to both mcmaster for humanities and to western's FIMS, but i'm having a hard time deciding between the two...
any thoughts?
Old 05-10-2009 at 08:52 PM   #99
sew12
Elite Member

Since this is a McMaster student forum I'm pretty sure everyone's thoughts would be come to Mac.

Speaking from personal experience I've chosen to do a single minor in Multimedia here but I also have to take some Communications course that are required for that major. I would highly recommend McMaster's Communications & Multimedia programs.

Are there any specific questions you have about Communications & Multimedia at Mac that would help with your decision?
Old 07-05-2010 at 06:38 PM   #100
dcfcmelissa

Liked: 2 Times

I've applied and have been accepted into Honours Communications for second year which I am SUPER excited for, but I'm wondering now about doing a combined honours of comm and multimedia. I'd be taking the two multimedia preques this year, would it be possible to switch into combined honours in third year?
Old 07-05-2010 at 07:29 PM   #101
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfcmelissa View Post
I've applied and have been accepted into Honours Communications for second year which I am SUPER excited for, but I'm wondering now about doing a combined honours of comm and multimedia. I'd be taking the two multimedia preques this year, would it be possible to switch into combined honours in third year?
I actually don't know the answer to this question but I would recommend contacting someone at the department or faculty.

I know Multimedia is a limited enrollment program so only a certain number get accepted into it every year but I don't know about changing your major to Comm & Mmedia after 2nd year.

I'm going to recommend the Humanities Advisors e-mail. If they don't know the answer they should be able to direct you to someone who can help you out.

http://www.humanities.mcmast er.ca/...ice/index.html

If you go to this page it has a bunch of important e-mails for the department.

The Academic Information Assistant might be a good person to e-mail regarding your inquiry as well.

dcfcmelissa likes this.
Old 07-07-2010 at 11:09 AM   #102
Chris7

omg i logged into solar and theatre &film and peace studies were full! i cant believe this what can i do? it was like 6 hours after the thing opened and i was soo not awake yet... such a dissapointment.
Old 07-07-2010 at 12:13 PM   #103
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris7 View Post
omg i logged into solar and theatre &film and peace studies were full! i cant believe this what can i do? it was like 6 hours after the thing opened and i was soo not awake yet... such a dissapointment.
The best thing you can do is just keep trying. You can keep trying up until the add/drop date in September. People will switch around the time tables, change courses or drop courses they're no longer interested in and spots will open up. With so many electives its just a matter of being patient and persistent. You're not guaranteed to get in but its still far too early to consider it a lost cost.
Old 11-29-2010 at 09:02 PM   #104
ak21

Liked: 14 Times

Hi, I am new here but I have a question about the multimedia program, I wanted to major in Communication studies and multimedia but was wondering if you can specialize into 3D Art for Gaming in this program. I am interested in the business side of Game Development as well as 3D Art and I have/am already working on a computer game so I know some basic stuff about creating games specificity 3D modeling, I know there's 3D animation in this program but would you also learn 3D modeling for games? As well is there many co-op opportunity's in this field?

Sorry if this was already answered before but I didn't look through all the pages.
Old 01-30-2011 at 11:30 AM   #105
alissa.mac

hey, i know its late, but im thinking of applying to mcmasters, for english and theatre and film studies
but i was wondering, if i went into theatre and film studies if i had to take acting classes and stuff , i mainly want to focus on the film studies, and learn to produce, direct, screen write, that sort of thing. if i cant just take film, what other major do you recommend?