MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
failed course? sana.banana Academics 6 12-24-2010 09:50 PM
Prerequisite failed anthony First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-12-2010 06:11 PM
res applied failed rickiekwok Residence & Housing 13 06-08-2010 10:12 PM
Failed Course Banshee Academics 14 04-19-2010 05:58 PM
Failed! ??? BT23 Academics 41 07-03-2009 07:33 PM

failed eng. what do i do? :'C

Old 05-30-2011 at 01:37 PM   #1
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

failed eng. what do i do? :'C
Today morning I woke to find out that i have not been accepted into any engineering faculty!

pretty sure im cursed!

any way... all it says is "
RESULTS: NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ENGINEERING II, MAY CONTINUE AS IRREGULAR TO QUALIFY FOR ANOTHER FACULTY, OR SEEK TRANSFER TO ANOTHER FACULTY. "

wht does tht mean?

and it also mention on the bottom that chem eng decision is pending. (My first choice)

B4 receiving the good news,i spoke to Sally abt my grades (3 weeks ago) and she said i do summer skool...

so now im and enrolled in 1zb3 (math) and materials. On receiving the grades for these courses, will they re-evaluate my grade and also is there something i need to do on mugsi to let them know that my descision is still pending? (Besides adding the 2 summer courses?)

MY LIFE IS LIVING SHIT!
Old 05-30-2011 at 01:39 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon.john23 View Post
Today morning I woke to find out that i have not been accepted into any engineering faculty!

pretty sure im cursed!

any way... all it says is "
RESULTS: NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ENGINEERING II, MAY CONTINUE AS IRREGULAR TO QUALIFY FOR ANOTHER FACULTY, OR SEEK TRANSFER TO ANOTHER FACULTY. "

wht does tht mean?

and it also mention on the bottom that chem eng decision is pending. (My first choice)

B4 receiving the good news,i spoke to Sally abt my grades (3 weeks ago) and she said i do summer skool...

so now im and enrolled in 1zb3 (math) and materials. On receiving the grades for these courses, will they re-evaluate my grade and also is there something i need to do on mugsi to let them know that my descision is still pending? (Besides adding the 2 summer courses?)

MY LIFE IS LIVING SHIT!
You should speak to Sally again, ask her why the decision is pending (what you have to do to get in) and what will happen after your summer school courses.
Old 05-30-2011 at 01:41 PM   #3
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

I recommend you to talk to Sally as soon as possible.
Old 05-30-2011 at 03:07 PM   #4
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

i called her office

planning on dropping in... can't get a scheduled time :(
Old 05-30-2011 at 03:24 PM   #5
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

im very sorry to here that

got any tips so the same problem wont happen to some one like me in first year eng?

im getting worried ask i keep seeing these threads about ppl failing eng
Old 05-30-2011 at 03:42 PM   #6
epikness

Liked: 37 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
im very sorry to here that

got any tips so the same problem wont happen to some one like me in first year eng?

im getting worried ask i keep seeing these threads about ppl failing eng
people fail for different reasons. find out all the things u can do so that u will fail. if u know those things, then don't do those things.

i fail when i procrastinate and watch too much TV. if i stop doing these things, i will stop failing (<and this is a very true tested statement my friend )
Old 05-30-2011 at 03:42 PM   #7
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

are u pending for any program? if so thats the program u should be able to get into, just gota pass summer
Old 05-30-2011 at 03:53 PM   #8
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Oh and on a sidenote,

This is what it should look like when you are taking required courses in the spring/summer while you met the cutoff. Electrical Engineering was my first choice. I decided to drop 1ZZ5 before it started and take it over the spring instead. Received a B overall in the course with Chris McLean. Best decision I have made

RESULTS: MAY CONTINUE, NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ENGINEERING II.

REGISTRATION FOR SEP10-APR11
ELIGIBLE FOR
B ENG , ELEC ENG CO-OP
INELIGIBLE FOR
B ENG , COMPUTER ENG
B ENG , MECHATRON ENG
B ENG , MECH ENG

Last edited by Bhaltair : 05-30-2011 at 03:57 PM.

RyanC likes this.
Old 05-30-2011 at 04:01 PM   #9
Icecream
Account Locked

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaltair View Post
Oh and on a sidenote,

This is what it should look like when you are taking required courses in the spring/summer while you met the cutoff. Electrical Engineering was my first choice. I decided to drop 1ZZ5 before it started and take it over the spring instead. Received a B overall in the course with Chris McLean. Best decision I have made

RESULTS: MAY CONTINUE, NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ENGINEERING II.

REGISTRATION FOR SEP10-APR11
ELIGIBLE FOR
B ENG , ELEC ENG CO-OP
INELIGIBLE FOR
B ENG , COMPUTER ENG
B ENG , MECHATRON ENG
B ENG , MECH ENG
Having the same thing, instead mine is "Decision Pending". I think it is because I am still taking a required course during the spring session.
Old 05-30-2011 at 04:51 PM   #10
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Win!

"RESULTS: NO RESULT OF SESSION AVAILABLE"
Old 05-30-2011 at 05:44 PM   #11
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon.john23 View Post
In my first year I failed 2nd term math and had to re-do it. My decisions were "pending" as well, until I passed it and could then select courses.

Don't worry dude. I know TONS of engineers who have failed at least one course. I didn't even end up in the program I intended on.... and I ended up loving materials!!
Old 05-30-2011 at 06:12 PM   #12
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

On a side note, I was wondering where it officially says youre eligible for your 2nd year program.
I've passed the GPA threshold and all my courses, just searching for the official print.
Old 05-30-2011 at 06:14 PM   #13
Serene
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
On a side note, I was wondering where it officially says youre eligible for your 2nd year program.
I've passed the GPA threshold and all my courses, just searching for the official print.
Scroll down your grade report, its at the bottom.

Cliu91 says thanks to Serene for this post.
Old 05-30-2011 at 06:49 PM   #14
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Good luck bro and getting accepted in an Engineering II program, all the best.