MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is SOCIOLOGY 1A06 or SOCIALWORK 1A06 easier ? brazil2014 Academics 14 06-14-2011 06:05 PM
failed eng. what do i do? :'C jon.john23 Academics 13 05-30-2011 06:49 PM
Failed Course Banshee Academics 14 04-19-2010 05:58 PM
Failed! ??? BT23 Academics 41 07-03-2009 07:33 PM

Failed soc 1a06?

Old 04-21-2013 at 09:37 PM   #1
Dani

Liked: 0 Times

Failed soc 1a06?
What happens if you fail the full year first year sociology course (1A06) and you applied for major in sociology?
Old 04-21-2013 at 09:59 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani View Post
What happens if you fail the full year first year sociology course (1A06) and you applied for major in sociology?
Well, you won't get in...you get to put in 3-4 choices, don't you?
Old 04-21-2013 at 11:40 PM   #3
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Probably shouldnt have failed a 6 credit sociology class when you want to major in sociology

xxsumz says thanks to Chris23 for this post.

ashleighp likes this.
Old 04-22-2013 at 12:17 AM   #4
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 164 Times

but do you really wanna major in something when you can't even pass its first year course?

maybe it's just not your thing.. you can still change your program/major selection..
Old 04-22-2013 at 12:44 AM   #5
LiveLaughLove

Liked: 1 Time

I was in your position exactly a year ago when i got just below a 60% (which is a requirement to major in Sociology) & i'm in Sociology right not as my major lol. it's actually not a big deal at all, just take it again over the summer & then you'll have to fill in a waiver form and hand it in during august (after you complete a re-do of soc 1a06). waiver form will open seats for you in sociology which is exactly my position. so apply for a summer school sociology 1a06 right now (it is offered this summer) and on your solar you have to select a major (just for the time being) that you DID get accepted into, any major, but don't select any courses until the department has waived sociology courses for you during the summer so that you can get all your second year sociology courses (especially 2z03 & 2s06 the 2 mandatory ones). waiver is like a promise saying that they will waiv your courses for you if you guarantee that you'll pass the prerequisite (at least a total of 60% in your failed 1a06 & re-taken 1a06 averages divided into 2) in the summer. so that they open courses for the following year. then next year in may just switch your program to sociology by emailing the department they'll do it for you