Dr. Mclean for Math 1Z04... xxsumz Academics 8 08-14-2009 10:15 AM
Math 1Z04, where can I get help kenvin100 Academics 11 11-02-2008 08:59 PM
MATH 1Z04 Lab 1 Bobby66 Academics 1 10-06-2008 10:08 PM

Failing Math 1Z04. Not so bad?

Old 12-17-2008 at 12:09 PM   #46
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Ryerson? pppff softy, but Aerospace Engineering is the only thing I liked about Ryerson. And they got a new million funded engineering building, when mcmaster eng building is still pending.

Math ftw!

Old 12-17-2008 at 08:33 PM   #47
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Kids at Ryerson are stoopid. At least, all the ones from my high school that went there were. They can't handle intense exam schedules like ours :p
um no..not rly..u rly shouldnt judge kids like that..lotta kids just cant afford goin to other unis..i kno kids that got accepted to mac and waterloo but couldnt rly afford it so they chose rye...the uni itself sucks but the kids r prolly hella smart..or smarter than kids at mac..lets not forget we are second rate to UT

Old 12-17-2008 at 10:12 PM   #48
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenvin100 View Post
...lets not forget we are second rate to UT
Pssh, ya okay...
Old 12-18-2008 at 01:27 AM   #49
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenvin100 View Post
u rly shouldnt judge kids like that..lotta kids just cant afford goin to other unis
I didn't mean that they were stupid for having gone to Ryerson, I meant that they were just the people that at the beginning of grade 12 were like "Yo, I'm going to UofT yo, it's gonna be sick!", but as the end of first semester approached and they looked at their marks they began to say "Actually, Ryerson looks pretty good too, I've heard it's not that bad, but probably going to UofT still, just gotta kill second semester." By June it was all "I didn't get into UofT, oh well screw that. Ryerson is so much better anyway... gonna be sick"

Any school that takes people's with 60% averages into first year Engineering can't have high expectations.

Aside from that, isn't Ryerson the same price as other universities? The only way I could think of it being cheaper is that it's in the core of Toronto, and a lot of people happen to live close by, meaning that they don't have to pay for housing.
Old 12-18-2008 at 01:40 AM   #50
zaki

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
I didn't mean that they were stupid for having gone to Ryerson, I meant that they were just the people that at the beginning of grade 12 were like "Yo, I'm going to UofT yo, it's gonna be sick!", but as the end of first semester approached and they looked at their marks they began to say "Actually, Ryerson looks pretty good too, I've heard it's not that bad, but probably going to UofT still, just gotta kill second semester." By June it was all "I didn't get into UofT, oh well screw that. Ryerson is so much better anyway... gonna be sick"

Any school that takes people's with 60% averages into first year Engineering can't have high expectations.

Aside from that, isn't Ryerson the same price as other universities? The only way I could think of it being cheaper is that it's in the core of Toronto, and a lot of people happen to live close by, meaning that they don't have to pay for housing.
ive heard nothing but good things about aerospace engineering at ryerson, i got accepted in to that aswell, and the cutt off was 80-82 i think, so i think for a program like that, there are high expectations, i dont know too much about there other engineering courses though, i like the fact mac gives you first year to decide waht field of engineering you wish to get in too, thats my reason for choosing mac.
Old 12-18-2008 at 07:41 AM   #51
Sengoku

Liked: 0 Times

The calculus in first term first year was stupidly easy when I took it... It was just grade 12 with a little more at the end. I suppose you're in that new curriculum where you guys do some stupid calculus in high school...
Old 12-18-2008 at 10:24 AM   #52
Talon89

Liked: 14 Times

Whoa whoa. Rye high has engineering?

I'm just kidding, but I know a couple of buddies that go to Rye high and like they tell me the amount of work they do is nothing compared to Mac. I think it might have to do with the fact that they're specialized and we're not. I got accepted at Waterloo, UofT, and Rye high (backup) for Computer Engineering.

To be honest, I don't regret not choosing Waterloo/UofT. I'm glad that I get a chance to experience all the different strands of engineering first year. So I know what I like and know what I don't like. Plus, UW's campus is really depressing and UofT's campus is lost in the city. I really love Mac's atmosphere. As soon as I got on the campus I was like, "Yeah, I wanna live here for the next 4-5 years." I don't know what I'm going on about and kind of got off-topic but..

Regardless, we're all doing the same accredited engineering program and you guys just judge schools based upon reputation (which does make a difference but to some degree). But if you communicate well in an interview then I don't think there's a difference regardless of the school you graduated from.

Last edited by Talon89 : 12-18-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-18-2008 at 11:33 AM   #53
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon89 View Post
To be honest, I don't regret not choosing Waterloo/UofT...
Ya, I got into both of them too. I'm really glad I didn't go to Waterloo because they look like they have A LOT of work; especially from looking at the workloads of my friends that went there. They also have to take dumb classes that have nothing to do with their degrees, even though they are already specialized. One of my friends in Software Engineering there for example has to take chemistry... wtf?

On top of that, all the ones I know that went there think the idea of 'partying' means that everyone gets together and enjoys a game of risk while simultaneously playing Super Smash Bros on the Gamecube. That alone scares me away -.-||.
Old 12-18-2008 at 02:02 PM   #54
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Ya, I got into both of them too. I'm really glad I didn't go to Waterloo because they look like they have A LOT of work; especially from looking at the workloads of my friends that went there. They also have to take dumb classes that have nothing to do with their degrees, even though they are already specialized. One of my friends in Software Engineering there for example has to take chemistry... wtf?

On top of that, all the ones I know that went there think the idea of 'partying' means that everyone gets together and enjoys a game of risk while simultaneously playing Super Smash Bros on the Gamecube. That alone scares me away -.-||.
Hey now, risk is a national treasure. You about to cross the ******* line!

(yes, just watched tropic thunder )
Old 12-18-2008 at 02:40 PM   #55
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

lol, my attention span isn't long enough to actually sit down and play it.
Old 12-18-2008 at 04:57 PM   #56
wintermelon

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:

Monopoly's where it's at! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo