MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sooo anyone here know about/did alevels before uni? =S DMe3 Academics 6 06-11-2010 03:41 PM
Okay, so I feel like an idiot.. Olivia. First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 30 03-08-2010 11:15 PM
Feel sad :( Don't know anyone Myaccount Residence & Housing 31 09-11-2009 09:24 PM
I feel so helpless. Please help. sad cypress General Discussion 8 07-14-2008 02:38 PM

i feel sooo drained !!

Old 11-20-2011 at 09:02 PM   #16
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
if it makes u feel any better... next week is the last full week of school (i think)
No...two full weeks left. Last day is Dec 5.
Old 11-20-2011 at 10:26 PM   #17
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

what works for me:

1)some sort of cardio and weight lifting
2)eating healthy, and lots of fruits. maybe a vitamin.
3)give yourself time to relax
4)give yourself time to socialize
4.5)relax/socialize in the evening when you're naturally more tired
5)coffee
6) don't be so hard on yourself, we all make mistakes, it's a long year you have to make adjustments.

aya017 likes this.
Old 11-20-2011 at 11:30 PM   #18
smojer

Liked: 0 Times

DON'T TAKE BREAKS IN YOUR ROOM. At least, that's my experience
I find going outside for a walk/going to the gym/organising a coffee break with friends to be great ways of refreshing myself. If I watch movies for breaks instead I end up staring at the computer screen all day because I'm often writing essays etc on the computer as well.
I've also downloaded this neat little program on my Mac called 'freedom', which cuts off your internet access for a chosen period of time. So if you've done all the research you need/just need books, I'd highly recommend getting it to take away the temptation FB always provides

BlueWave says thanks to smojer for this post.
Old 11-21-2011 at 05:42 PM   #19
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Maplestory...
Old 11-21-2011 at 10:15 PM   #20
moops
Elite Member

Liked: 40 Times

I've been going to hot yoga classes that give me a quick break and completely relax me. I end up getting a good night's sleep and am able to concentrate better.

Old 11-21-2011 at 11:38 PM   #21
Bug324

Liked: 25 Times

Fencing two evenings a week. Nothing like someone repeatedly smacking you over the head to give you a boost of energy.

Faer likes this.
Old 11-22-2011 at 12:47 AM   #22
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
No...two full weeks left. Last day is Dec 5.
by next week i meant the week of the 28th... i usually read my calendar as sunday being the first day

ps. until this moment i have always read your name as 'neural', as in nerves.... but now that i've quoted u i see i was incorrect... and that your username is simply your first name backward

Last edited by giftedchick : 11-22-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 11-22-2011 at 08:21 AM   #23
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
by next week i meant the week of the 28th... i usually read my calendar as sunday being the first day

ps. until this moment i have always read your name as 'neural', as in nerves.... but now that i've quoted u i see i was incorrect... and that your username is simply your first name backward
Haha yep I get that a lot! I didn't even realize the similarity until people started calling me neural
Old 11-24-2011 at 12:44 AM   #24
Scarecrow
Dr. Crane

Liked: 89 Times

Sex (unlikely, because even if you have someone willing, your schedules most likely don't overlap right now) or TV shows/movies during downtime.

Keeps you sane.

P.S. It only gets worse.
Old 11-24-2011 at 12:10 PM   #25
The Guardian

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug324 View Post
Fencing two evenings a week. Nothing like someone repeatedly smacking you over the head to give you a boost of energy.
I've been wondering about those classes, how do you feel about fencing as an alternate way to exercise? Better than treadmilling or going for a run?
Old 11-24-2011 at 12:13 PM   #26
The Guardian

Liked: 3 Times

Usually I just read books that I've had my eye on, but after a while even that gets tough on my eyes and it's mentally exhausting. It usually just boils down to just medititation (not the traditional kind) or just running
Old 11-24-2011 at 02:43 PM   #27
Bug324

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guardian View Post
I've been wondering about those classes, how do you feel about fencing as an alternate way to exercise? Better than treadmilling or going for a run?
Well, we always start off with running anyway, for about 10 minutes, then stretch. After that is footwork, which is probably the most exhausting part. Unless they decide we need to run up and down stairs for a while. I'm beginning to hate stairs. All the fitness stuff takes up the first hour, then the second hour is actual fencing.

The thing about fencing is that it's an incredible workout, but the bouts typically don't last too long. In an actual tournament, there's a three minute time limit. (I've only done a team tournament though, not sure about individual, I'm still new to the sport.) But yeah, I definitely feel it's a great way to exercise, and more interesting than just running. I'm not very athletic, but I really enjoy it because you don't have to be the tallest or fastest runner to do well. You DO have to be able to think on your feet. It's a workout for your body and brain. You can also choose a weapon that caters to your strengths, as each of the three requires a slightly different skill set.