MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Beginners Fencing afein Athletics & Recreation 0 09-13-2011 01:50 PM
Fencing Scuderia Athletics & Recreation 14 09-17-2010 05:32 PM
Fencing at McMaster Deegs14 Athletics & Recreation 7 08-19-2010 08:45 PM
Recreational fencing? Aestas First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 04-22-2009 12:41 PM

Fencing Beginner Classes

Hey folks,

Summer beginner classes are starting soon with our demo night this Tuesday, April 24th, 2012 at 7:30 pm at the Fitzhenry Studio (beside the indoor track). Weapon demonstrations will be done by members of the Varsity team along with the basic info from our coaches. Come on out and check out what it's all about. Note that those unable to come to the demo can still sign up for the classes. (Sign up can be done at the front of DBAC where you get your Pulse memberships or online at Athrec's site) A flyer's attached. Those of you who are moving away for the summer and returning in September, stay tuned for the Fall beginner classes.

Some people have been emailing me here and there about fencing, so don't hesitate to ask a question.

Hope to see you there!

KJ
Published by

Article Tools

Attached Images
File Type: pdf FencingFlyerSummer2012.pdf (213.3 KB, 36 views)
Deleted Post
Old 05-01-2012 at 10:12 PM   #2
Abhimint

Liked: 4 Times
Hey KJ!
I've been waiting to do this for a while now(since I saw the fencing posters all around the campus)
I missed the demo on the 24th of April, but I still wanna do fencing.
Where do I sign up?
Can I do it online?
Where can I get more info about the fencing team/schedules/costs etc.?

Old 05-02-2012 at 11:25 AM   #3
10pauljuli

Liked: Liked 2 Times
Hey,

I am also on the fencing team so I can answer your question. You can sign up through McMaster Athletics and Recreation. I checked online and it looks like you can sign up (you would follow the links: instructional classes, sports/martial arts, fencing) however, I have not tried it. When I signed up for the course before I joined the team I just went to DBAC and did it in person. The webpage has all of the information for the schedule and cost for the beginners class. The classes run on Tuesdays 7:30-9:30pm. The class for the spring session started last night and there is also a summer session class. If you want more information on the team, you can find some information on the McMaster Athletics and Recreation site if you just search for "fencing". We have our own page. Hope that answers your questions!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search