MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help finding T13 changturkey First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-18-2010 11:53 PM
McMaster World Congress - Student Position Available nbontis MacInsiders Announcements 2 06-18-2010 10:31 PM
Volunteer Position Available for Pop The Bubble SSCLeadership MacInsiders Announcements 1 08-10-2009 08:20 AM
Inter-Residence Council: VP Finance Position Available ferreinm MacInsiders Announcements 6 05-29-2008 03:56 PM
Summer Drama Festival Director Position Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-10-2008 01:20 PM

Finding a lab position

Old 01-10-2011 at 04:53 PM   #16
LBJ.MVP

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzZero View Post
I also have a friend at Mac who emailed all the biology profs at UofT scarborough and got accepted for a summer research job. So applying to other unis isnt a bad idea either.

No, I just sent a general email without attachments. I actually emailed about volunteering and instead got a job. Just saying that it's not as easy to get a research job around here, so maybe u should mention that if not a job, whether they are looking for volunteers. Anyways, when they do respond, they will ask you to send a transcript and resume.
So u sent out an email to a lot of professors and basically asked if they are looking for any volunteers for a research or a paid position?
Old 01-10-2011 at 05:17 PM   #17
BuzzZero

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ.MVP View Post
So u sent out an email to a lot of professors and basically asked if they are looking for any volunteers for a research or a paid position?
Yeah, that's all I did.
Old 01-10-2011 at 06:13 PM   #18
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

I've had friends that got paid research positions after first year. You just have to contact people early and get funding for yourself - CIHR, NSERC, hospital scholarships, etc. I would never do research for free unless it was for a course, but i just hate research.