MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Year Council Nominations Now Open! mellye MacInsiders Announcements 1 09-09-2010 09:32 AM
2010 First Year Council Nominations Open stevennevets General Discussion 2 09-08-2010 08:28 PM
First Year Council Updates Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 02-03-2010 01:25 AM
First Year Council By Election: Please Vote for Huzaifa Saeed huzaifa47 General Discussion 0 03-17-2009 10:01 PM
First Year Council GA Meeting Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 02-01-2009 02:30 PM

First Year Council (fyc)

Old 09-28-2009 at 11:25 PM   #16
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Unfortunately though the bylaws won't come under review till October/November the last I talked to Matt!
Yeah, there may be some conflict there, but it's not just strictly about the bylaw... I suppose once my committee gets all of our projects confirmed then we'll know for sure exactly how that's going to happen... I do know that I've suggested starting by looking at the bylaws so it wouldn't surprise me if we end up consulting B&P on it.
Old 10-02-2009 at 02:53 PM   #17
c.erl
PLUC Front, etc.

Liked: 94 Times

umm, huh?

Quote:
2009 FIRST YEAR COUNCIL GENERAL ELECTION

The First Year Council Election took place on September 30th and polls have now closed.
However due to some evidence of potential procedural impropriety at the polls, the Elections Department has suspended deliberations and the ballot count has been postponed until such time as a quorate meeting of the Elections Committee can be held.

Please consult the main page of the Elections website for further details.
- Jonathan Scheiding
Chief Returning Officer, McMaster Students Union
Old 10-02-2009 at 03:17 PM   #18
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.erl View Post
umm, huh?

Yeah I heard about this as well! I have no idea what happened or why it happened :S There were apparently a few instances where "someone" didn't follow the rules as stated in the bylaws and as explained by the Elections Committee during the all candidate meeting and subsequent smaller meetings with the CRO and DRO.

But the details of what happened won't be revealed till the Elections Committee meets(this Sunday) and the minutes are made up(which are public on the elections MSU page). That is all I know for now and the CRO is pretty professional about not revealing anything till the meeting!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13