MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second Year Eng Elective GCSM Academics 5 05-27-2011 08:16 PM
First Year Student, Second Year course as elective Hani.Ramzan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 12-07-2010 08:29 PM
elective course for the first-year?? Sandra Shan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 06-11-2010 10:20 AM
First Year Eng. Elective? What was yours? blackdragon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 44 05-17-2010 02:02 PM
Second Year Life Sci Elective jaucep Academics 2 12-12-2009 08:57 AM

First Year Elective (Life Sci -> Health Sci)

Old 06-27-2011 at 12:44 PM   #1
Bulfon

Liked: 1 Time

First Year Elective (Life Sci -> Health Sci)
So Im going into Life Science and looking to transfer to Health Science next year. I have to choose 2 first year electives and I am looking for ones that are easy and not time consuming. I've narrowed it down to 5 (Though I am completely open to other suggestions) and I want to get people's opinions on which courses are the easiest/least time consuming. The five courses are :

Aging and Society (HLTH AGE 1BB3)
Introduction to Peace Studies (Peace ST 1A03)
Women, Culture, Power (Women ST 1A03)
Women Transforming the World (Women ST 1A03)
Physics in Medicine and Biology I (Med Phys 1E03)

So if you've taken any of these courses or have any background knowledge in them, your advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
Old 06-27-2011 at 01:34 PM   #2
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

I'm a Life Sci --> Health Sci transfer and I took French 1A06 for my two electives because I didn't want to lose my French. I don't really know about the electives you've picked, but my advice is to just take whatever course that interests you. Even if the course is a little challenging, it'll seem easier to you and maybe it'll inspire you to go into a minor or take upper year courses that interest you.

Also, if you have any questions about transferring, feel free to ask
Old 06-27-2011 at 01:37 PM   #3
Bulfon

Liked: 1 Time

I see, unfortunately I dropped french in Grade 11 :p I've heard many times that I should choose an elective im interested in, but unfortunately, I cant say I really find any courses Im taking this year interesting so im just looking for ones that are easy :p Guess well have to see. But thanks for the advice
Old 06-27-2011 at 02:09 PM   #4
jon00

Liked: 0 Times

if ur looking for an elective, take mmedia 1B03. its mostly photoshop and webdesign. there isn't that much theory and it's an easy hands-on bird course.