MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Environmental science hassan09 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 03-31-2011 04:32 PM
Anyone in environmental science Reda General Discussion 14 01-13-2011 10:06 PM
Environmental Science kuruczpa Academics 1 09-10-2010 08:35 PM

First year Environmental science :D

Old 08-04-2011 at 10:18 PM   #1
luna_yi_hui

Liked: 1 Time

First year Environmental science :D
Hey guys, i m a first year student in environmental science, i just want to know how will it be. Its gonna be hard? lots of lab? and of course i wanna know some amazing people!! coz i love make friends.

[email protected] om

j0sh likes this.
Old 08-05-2011 at 07:03 AM   #2
j0sh

Liked: 4 Times

Heyy I'm Josh and I'm in Environmental Sciences too ! nice to meet you! I know a couple people in the same program but they're all on facebook. Feel free to add me http://www.facebook.com/j0sh.patel

I guess I'll be seeing you in ENV SCI 1G03 soon then ?

luna_yi_hui likes this.
Old 08-05-2011 at 09:09 AM   #3
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Should be pretty good, most people take env. science courses as their bird electives

luna_yi_hui likes this.
Old 08-05-2011 at 09:43 AM   #4
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Like the posts above some upper years told me that those courses are taken as electives for people as they are quite easy.

Last edited by anonanon987 : 08-05-2011 at 09:45 AM.

luna_yi_hui says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.
Old 08-05-2011 at 10:15 AM   #5
Spencer

Liked: 3 Times

Environmental Sciences for the most part are very easy. Yes, some of the labs are quite pointless but they are easy marks. However, I took environmental science 1A03 and I thought it was the most boring class ever. The majority of the people just skipped classes and still got 10+.

luna_yi_hui says thanks to Spencer for this post.
Old 08-05-2011 at 10:36 AM   #6
abelon3

Liked: 12 Times

I don't think they're necessarily bird courses. They should seem easy only because they are introductory classes, otherwise they require equal amount of studying and dedication as other classes.

luna_yi_hui likes this.
Old 08-05-2011 at 11:16 AM   #7
Spencer

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by abelon3 View Post
I don't think they're necessarily bird courses. They should seem easy only because they are introductory classes, otherwise they require equal amount of studying and dedication as other classes.
There is no such thing as a bird course in my opinion. Some classes are easier than others.
Old 08-05-2011 at 02:12 PM   #8
luna_yi_hui

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0sh View Post
Heyy I'm Josh and I'm in Environmental Sciences too ! nice to meet you! I know a couple people in the same program but they're all on facebook. Feel free to add me http://www.facebook.com/j0sh.patel

I guess I'll be seeing you in ENV SCI 1G03 soon then ?
hey josh, nice to meet you i added u on fb (Luna Cai)
yea, i m in ENV SCI 1G03, we will meet soon

[email protected] om
Old 08-05-2011 at 02:16 PM   #9
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

If you have even a little interest in enviro sci, then the first classes will be a breeze. Since you are in the program, I assume you like it and will be fine.

luna_yi_hui likes this.
Old 08-05-2011 at 02:21 PM   #10
luna_yi_hui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
If you have even a little interest in enviro sci, then the first classes will be a breeze. Since you are in the program, I assume you like it and will be fine.
yea, i really love it hope i can do it well

[email protected] om
Old 08-05-2011 at 02:48 PM   #11
BernaBee

Liked: 0 Times

I'm currently in 2nd year environmental science and i absolutely love it!
1st year had been a challenge for me specifically because I had chemistry 1A03 + 1AA3 and found them to be difficult and demanding courses however I didnt do so bad in them in the end.
For the remainder of my undergraduate studies Ive decided not only to major in environmental science but to minor in biology and GIS to broaden my education and hopefully help me put the skills i've learned in labs and classes into the work force.
If any of you have any questions let me know, I'd be happy to help out

luna_yi_hui says thanks to BernaBee for this post.
Old 08-05-2011 at 02:54 PM   #12
luna_yi_hui

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernaBee View Post
1st year had been a challenge for me specifically because I had chemistry 1A03 + 1AA3 and found them to be difficult and demanding courses however I didnt do so bad in them in the end.
For the remainder of my undergraduate studies Ive decided not only to major in environmental science but to minor in biology and GIS to broaden my education and hopefully help me put the skills i've learned in labs and classes into the work force.
hey, nice to meet u! i m really exited about mac life, and i believe i will love this program.
Do you have facebook? add me http://www.facebook.com/luuna.cai

[email protected] om
Old 08-06-2011 at 10:48 AM   #13
Phil

Quote:

Awesome choice on taking GIS. So many job opportunities in that field. I'm currently taking a graduate GIS program and am salivating at some of the jobs that are attainable.
Old 08-06-2011 at 11:06 AM   #14
j0sh

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
I plan on minoring in GIS too! How exactly do I that? Are there courses we have to choose in 2nd year or something?
Old 08-06-2011 at 11:12 AM   #15
Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0sh View Post
I plan on minoring in GIS too! How exactly do I that? Are there courses we have to choose in 2nd year or something?
Yeah, you just take all the GIS classes that are listed in the handbook for the minor. In second year that starts with 2GI3 and 2MB3.

j0sh says thanks to Phil for this post.