MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Off Campus Housing for First Year Student? Please Help! HanPark9205 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 06-27-2011 10:25 PM
When to look for off campus housing? ashlay17 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 10 11-02-2010 02:31 PM
Off Campus Housing t.dot Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 3 06-14-2010 07:05 PM
Off campus housing Richa Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 3 12-20-2009 03:47 AM

First year female looking for off-campus housing?

Old 07-08-2011 at 10:32 PM   #1
justlily

Liked: 5 Times

First year female looking for off-campus housing?
Hello! My name's Lily and I'm a first year looking for Off-Campus Housing.
Whether it's a student house, condo/apartment or anything, doesn't really matter to me, but if it's a student house, I'd ask for no more than 7-8 students please.

A little bit about me: I'm responsible, serious about learning, keep my things clean and tidy and overall simple, extremely open-minded and down to earth, so I'm pretty easy to get along with. I'm pretty outgoing but I also need alone time, not a extreme party person, but I do like having fun. I won't bring trouble to the house if that's what the landlord wants though. I'm pretty tolerant~
I get along well with both genders lol, since I have a big family and diverse friends, so I don't really care if the student house is co-ed or one-gender.

What I'm looking for: Clean house with nice, diverse roommates! : ) It would be extremely nice if the rent price includes all utilities, including internet and A/C, unless the extra rent is fairly low. Prices preferably below $400-450. I'm looking for a 8-10 month lease (probably 10), beginning either Aug 1, mid-Aug, or Sept 1 for the upcoming school year.

I'd like a room with a lot of natural light because I work best academically in such an environment, so no basement rooms unless this condition is met, please. Furbished or partially furbished would be nice, as well. I don't really care for cable or TV. Laundry (washer and dryer), reasonably shared kitchen, convenient number of bathrooms please. Shelves and closet a bonus.

But overall, please know that I am pretty open.

Ah... I hope I didn't forget anything lol. ><

If you have any suggestions for housing, please contact me:

Post in this thread, which I will frequently check!
Email: [email protected] om
PM me here at MacInsiders
or call me @ 647-588-1178

Thanks so much! : )
Old 07-08-2011 at 10:39 PM   #2
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Umm this is not brokerinsiders its macinsiders

All I can tell you is take a look at this link http://macoffcampus.mcmaster .ca/classifieds/index.php and see the listings and see if you can find anything you like.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 07-08-2011 at 10:44 PM   #3
justlily

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
Umm this is not brokerinsiders its macinsiders

All I can tell you is take a look at this link http://macoffcampus.mcmaster .ca/classifieds/index.php and see the listings and see if you can find anything you like.
I've just been going around everywhere searching for places.
I talked to a third year student and they told me I could ask for help here.
I just wanted to be detailed, if it's bad, I'm sorry?

Thank you for the link though! : ) Will keeping checking.
Old 07-08-2011 at 10:53 PM   #4
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Well we can't really find you a place ... you described what you want and you are asking if we have suggestions for places you can stay in which is really not what the third year friend was talking about, he was talking about "help" as in we recommend links that have listings or we would give you review regarding zones or places like west village etc.

Check the link above and search exactly what you asked for above. Also use that little search bar up there to the right to find if people are looking for roommates (which there are plenty) you might find a good place. Good Luck!

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

Last edited by L'Étoile : 07-08-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-08-2011 at 10:58 PM   #5
justlily

I was hoping someone knew a house like that, or is currently living / plan to live in a place with such an room.
Saw another person doing similar thing, so I thought I'd ask too lol.

Yup, working on doing that right now! Thanks~ :>

Biochem47 likes this.
Old 07-08-2011 at 11:47 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Look through all the threads of people looking for roommates here: http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisp...-socs-184.html
I'm sure you can find someone with what you're looking for.
Old 07-10-2011 at 05:11 PM   #7
kinst

Liked: 0 Times

You can also check this link here too: http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisp...196.html?f=196

Hope you find what you're looking for
Old 08-08-2011
flowers
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-18-2011
Verdah
Old 09-03-2011
puccalemon