MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can 2nd year students select 1st year electives? Daman K Academics 8 09-08-2010 08:03 PM
McMaster First Year Nursing!!! Message me if your in the first year program as well crumble Introduce Yourself 0 08-12-2010 09:40 PM
Taking second year courses in third/fourth year b.m. Academics 1 07-27-2010 10:37 PM
Is it possible to go into life science for 1 year then transfer into nursing 2nd year memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-21-2010 08:47 PM

First Year Surprises

Old 07-21-2009 at 04:34 PM   #61
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

What is it about higher education that gets everybody so horny?

Personally, I never found oxidation and reduction so stimulating...but...p erhaps that will change.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-21-2009 at 04:36 PM   #62
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Not living in the family home (for many students) means it's easier to have sex.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-21-2009 at 04:39 PM   #63
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Not living in the family home (for many students) means it's easier to have sex.
I understand but I just wish it wasn't so public. I'm all for discussing it because it allows us to promote safe sex but I wish people engaging in it didn't make their progress so...hmm..."clear"

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-21-2009 at 04:41 PM   #64
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I understand but I just wish it wasn't so public. I'm all for discussing it because it allows us to promote safe sex but I wish people engaging in it didn't make their progress so...hmm..."clear"
I've never caught a couple in public. And I only ever heard a couple once, and it was visiting friends in another res. I don't think it's wide-spread at all.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-21-2009 at 04:43 PM   #65
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Let's face it, sex is really normal. It's become too normal and younger and younger kids are having it. However, kids our age, more like young adults now... I think it's okay as long as you're safe. Unfortunately, a lot of people aren't. I've never heard or seen anyone doing it, that's why it's surprising haha.

But yeah, don't do it in the library... I actually like go there to study and I feel slightly uncomfortable knowing there was interesting business going on there the night before.
Old 07-21-2009 at 04:49 PM   #66
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

As a first year what surprised me about university was when my sister told me that at her university there was a group of people that met up, barely dressed, and just got it on. I think in...fairly common areas. And she wasn't joking

What surprised me about McMaster was how friendly everybody was.

What surprised me at Wilfred Laurier (when we went) was how the Don of this floor was talking about how they control the parties and was addressing his comments to the parents. I was looking around the room as he spoke and noticed two boxes of empty beer beside his mini fridge ...

What surprised me about some of the residences we saw were how messy people could get in such a small space.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-21-2009 at 04:54 PM   #67
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
What surprised me about McMaster was how friendly everybody was.

What surprised me about some of the residences we saw were how messy people could get in such a small space.
I love how friendly McMaster is!

A little mess in a small space looks big... that's my excuse anyways XD

goodnews.inc likes this.
Old 07-21-2009 at 05:26 PM   #68
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Sigh.. it's so sad how some people can't have control on their own actions, without their parents around to do that for them :S..

I find those stories a bit shocking too.. But then again I was sorta expecting it..
Old 07-21-2009 at 05:36 PM   #69
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

For the record, I only know that people have done it in Mills; I wasn't part of it
Old 07-21-2009 at 06:06 PM   #70
Phoenix

Liked: 52 Times

lol a buddy and i were putting up posters on a sunday in JHE...well we caught some people in JHE 376
Old 07-21-2009 at 06:08 PM   #71
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
For the record, I only know that people have done it in Mills; I wasn't part of it
Lol indeed. I've stumbled across people (minus a fair amount of clothing) on the 6th floor at least 2 or 3 times. So awkward... and hilarious
Old 07-21-2009 at 06:53 PM   #72
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Some people are like bunnies...They'll actually do it anywhere at any time, multiple times.
Old 07-21-2009 at 07:02 PM   #73
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino View Post
Bunnies...
Hehe. I've seen froggies on campus. It was right by that walkway near the student centre and the museum of art. Luckily my bf picked it up and put it somewhere safer. I'm worried about other froggies that might get hurt though. :/
Old 07-21-2009 at 07:04 PM   #74
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Hehe. I've seen froggies on campus. It was right near that walkway near the student centre and the museum of art. Luckily my bf picked it up and put it somewhere safer. I'm worried about other froggies that might get hurt though. :/
I've seen a bunny or hare outside near Whidden. That was pretty cool.

Yeah, there are A LOT of frogs at McMaster. After is rains at night they all come out. Some are small, but some are pretty big.
Old 07-21-2009 at 07:14 PM   #75
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

LOL, this discussion is being steered in the wrong direction. From surprises, to sex, to animals. Beware of surprise sex...