MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will the first term courses be offered in second term too? nanaaoyama First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-04-2010 10:37 PM
Second year Life Sciences- taking only 4 courses second term pink_cupcake Academics 2 07-13-2010 10:48 PM
Term 3 Courses MrSmith Academics 8 06-16-2009 12:12 AM
Term 3 Courses - How is your GPA determined? jwei First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 04-20-2009 07:37 AM
Why do first year enginners have to take 6 courses/term? wintermelon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 49 12-14-2008 08:34 PM

First Year - Term 2 Courses

Old 07-30-2010 at 07:49 PM   #1
revenant

Liked: 3 Times

First Year - Term 2 Courses
I have a quick question.

At the moment, the units in my course selection are sitting at:
Term 1 Units: 18
Term 2 Units: 12

Is this okay for first year, or do you guys recommend that I even it out (15/15)?
If you think I should even it out, none of the courses I currently have can be switched to Term 2, so; are there any Term 2 courses that you know of that are still open?

Thanks,
Derek
Old 07-30-2010 at 08:09 PM   #2
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Depends... IF you're in engineering, there's a serious issue with having only 30 credits 18 is definately doable though, anyways...
Old 07-30-2010 at 09:47 PM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

It's not recommended, but people have done it. I've talked to many people who have done it, and very few of them would ever do it again Especially since your overload term is first term of first year, when you're going to be getting used to everything and it can be pretty overwhelming. Splitting it 15-15 is the ideal way of doing it, but if you really want to take all of your first-term courses and none of them can wait until the summer or second year, then that's your choice. It's not impossible, but it will definitely require lots of work.
Old 07-30-2010 at 10:16 PM   #4
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

i did it last year (my first year)... i do NOT recommend it