MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vegetarian Food on Campus optimism First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-01-2012 01:36 PM
Off campus Food expenses gggggg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-28-2012 03:55 PM
Getting Food on Campus; the obstacles aviaf Residence & Housing 48 04-27-2009 02:42 PM

Food on Campus - Food restrictions..?

Old 08-01-2012 at 04:05 PM   #1
Afsha-noon

Liked: 11 Times

Food on Campus - Food restrictions..?
Hey guys!
I'm entering first year and I've visited MAC a couple of times but I've never really looked into the food options. I'm wondering what there is with respect to Halal/kosher meat?

Are there any options with those types of meat - and if so, what are they prices like?

What are good options for vegetarians (not talking about sandwiches/bagels necessarily ). For vegetarians the best option I hear is Bridges..? (I also love the make your own pasta place that they had ). How are the prices for these veggie-option restaurants?

Is there any place that serves on the healthier side? I'm not the biggest fan of fast food and I don't want to gain the freshman 15. But one thing - are the healthy meals far more expensive..?

Finally, are any food places open later at night (since I'll probably want this while studying for exams and what not )?

That's a lot of questions...
Anyway, thanks!
Old 08-01-2012 at 04:23 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Here's a thread that deals a bit with what you're talking about

I know Willy Dog has halal options; not sure about Centro (rez cafeteria) or La Piazza

Afsha-noon likes this.
Old 08-01-2012 at 05:01 PM   #3
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

centro has some halal.
Old 08-01-2012 at 05:27 PM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Centre stage (burger place) opens till midnight (or 11 keeps changing). After that Gino's pizza is open till the wee hours of the morning but it's kinda crap. Most other places that open "late" close at midnight
Old 08-01-2012 at 05:30 PM   #5
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

Don't forget about Subway, it is open till the morning hours as well.
Old 08-01-2012 at 06:52 PM   #6
mohammyt

Liked: 103 Times

Basilique is one of your choices available. Not on campus but close enough, they accept McMaster Meal plans too!
Old 08-01-2012 at 07:18 PM   #7
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

I also think the schwarma place in westdale by metro is 'halal'

Never been there though, not sure if its good/cheap
Old 08-02-2012 at 04:30 PM   #8
Afsha-noon

Liked: 11 Times

Thanks guys