MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Found: PRESTO CARD ZSimon General Discussion 3 12-03-2012 10:05 PM
NANTHAKUMAR, L: I found your student card ykv23 General Discussion 12 09-27-2012 10:56 PM
FOUND: IPOD in 2nd Floor student centre raheelak Computers & Tech 13 12-17-2009 02:21 AM
McMaster Student Card = GO Transit Student ID (2009) goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 10 09-01-2009 01:55 PM

Found Student Card

Old 04-24-2013 at 07:51 PM   #1
allstarme

Liked: 17 Times

Found Student Card
ignore post.. mods delete thread pls

Last edited by allstarme : 04-24-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-24-2013 at 08:09 PM   #2
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Should also post it on the umentioned website/facebook
Old 04-24-2013 at 08:35 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Why do people even make these threads? Hand it into security/registrar/MACexpress. While it's a 'nice' intent, it's not your job to find it's owner, they're very likely missing it while it's in your possession. When I forget to fill my Presto, I'm pretty much screwed if I happen to lose it... :/
Old 04-24-2013 at 09:56 PM   #4
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Why do people even make these threads? Hand it into security/registrar/MACexpress. While it's a 'nice' intent, it's not your job to find it's owner, they're very likely missing it while it's in your possession. When I forget to fill my Presto, I'm pretty much screwed if I happen to lose it... :/
exactly.
Instead of making a thread, just send an email to student#[email protected] er.ca and let them know that you found it and have handed it into x location
Old 04-24-2013 at 10:02 PM   #5
allstarme

Because I don't have time to go to security yet? Like I said, I'm turning it in as soon as I can but my priorities right now lie elsewhere, and it's not my job to go to security/registrar/MACexpress right away either if I can't. While it's in my possession, this happens to be an easy way for me to let people know that this card has been found. Maybe this thread WILL be useless, but they've helped me in the past. I'm sorry that this offends you.

giftedchick, VitaSoy like this.
Old 04-24-2013 at 10:03 PM   #6
allstarme

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSM View Post
exactly.
Instead of making a thread, just send an email to student#[email protected] er.ca and let them know that you found it and have handed it into x location
I didn't know you could do that. I'll do that now.

GCSM likes this.
Old 04-25-2013 at 01:06 AM   #7
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Calm down guys. If security services is closed or it's a weekend, there's no way to get the card to lost and found right away. It's good that someone actually is making an effort to return it in the meanwhile instead of just leaving it lying on the street.
Old 04-25-2013 at 09:32 AM   #8
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSM View Post
exactly.
Will spread this message
Old 04-25-2013 at 12:38 PM   #9
davidq90

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
Will spread this message
Yeah this is actually really useful. Maybe everyone should get a sticker with their student number on it and place it on their belongings :p