MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
American Journalist Equates Canadians with the Nazi Regime kokosas General Discussion 20 03-04-2010 08:57 PM
McMaster in the News lorend General Discussion 18 10-24-2009 02:42 PM
News that has made my day _Luu_ General Discussion 55 09-03-2009 11:03 PM
Canadian Forces S2Squared General Discussion 2 10-12-2008 05:20 PM

Fox News insults Canadians and our Armed Forces

Old 03-23-2009 at 12:29 PM   #1
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

The Canadian Military and their "gorgeous white Capri pants"

As some of you may have heard already, Fox News aired a rather insulting episode of "Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld" which has several Canadians bristling with indignation.

The episode:

One of many articles written about the show.

So what do you think?

Old 03-23-2009 at 04:30 PM   #2
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Slightly insulted, and that takes quite a bit of doing. Then again, it's Fox News, though I am surprised they allowed this garbage to air. Brand new low t_t
Old 03-25-2009 at 04:02 PM   #3
mumbojumbo

Liked: 10 Times

wow their level of arrogance is laughable. They have no idea about Canada and they say things like this? Canada has a border with the "powerful country in the universe" ? WOW just WOW im speechless... i didnt think these kinds of people exist....

If they are considered as the most "powerful" nation as these stupid people say they are, then why in the world do they care if Canada wants to recede from this war? They can go **** around with the other countries for all we care.

To be honest, I wouldn't want to live in the United States if it was the last country on Earth. With their shitty health care, stupid uneducated people who eats their all-American fast foods everyday, who da hell wants to live in an industrial wasteland?

Last edited by mumbojumbo : 03-25-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-25-2009 at 04:09 PM   #4
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbojumbo View Post
To be honest, I wouldn't want to live in the United States if it was the last country on Earth. With their shitty health care, stupid uneducated people who eats their all-American fast foods everyday, who da hell wants to live in an industrial wasteland?

To be fair, I think to say this puts you at the same level as them...... with all those stereotypes....

Not that any of their comments are acceptable. I mean, you can tell from the start where it's going. Leslie? Odd name for a man. 1)Not really, I know a few guys named Leslie 2) IT'S HIS LAST NAME

urgh.

these people are only good as organ donors XD
Old 03-25-2009 at 04:29 PM   #5
cowpuppy

Liked: 14 Times

You're acting like we should care what Fox has to say about anything.
Old 03-25-2009 at 05:16 PM   #6
Chris L

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowpuppy View Post
You're acting like we should care what Fox has to say about anything.
That reminds me of this article.
Old 03-25-2009 at 07:13 PM   #7
Alex McColl

Liked: 11 Times

They're 3 am Weekday shock jocks... why does anyone care what they say?
Old 03-25-2009 at 07:31 PM   #8
samtheman89

Liked: 18 Times

Even if you weren't offended, their jokes were just poorly written, and not really funny.
Old 03-25-2009 at 09:34 PM   #9
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

I honestly don't really feel insulted, I'm concerned that crap like this gets on tv, but I'm not insulted... Doug Benson (one of the guests) made a movie about getting stoned every day for a month. Good movie, REALLY dumb guy. It's Fox News. Simple as that. Even worse than that, it's 3AM Fox News. I don't understand how Fox is so popular.
I don't want to say that Americans are stupid, because they're not. But they can be ignorant. And this shows their ignorance blatantly. I really hope the future doesn't unfold like I think it might if crap like this really does exist...
Old 03-25-2009 at 11:24 PM   #10
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

LOL, it's fox news.
Old 03-26-2009 at 12:54 AM   #11
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
To be fair, I think to say this puts you at the same level as them...... with all those stereotypes....
I would hardly call those stereotypes. I hate going to the US, even though like 90% of my relatives live in New Jersey (that might partially why I don't like going there). Everyone has that awful sounding New Jersey accent (I dare you to try and argue against me about that) and pretty much everywhere is littered with guidos (check urbandictionary.com, it's not what you think).

...the only thing I like better is they have faster internetz than here

I've also begun reaching the conclusion that some of their schooling is easier than ours. One of my friends went to Columbia university and literally EVERYTHING he does gets bell-curved. He showed me one of his physics tests that he got 30% on (which was about the same level of difficulty as a first year engineering one here, minus multiple choice) and after the bell curve he had an 'A'. He's got a 3.8 something GPA by literally by failing his way through some courses... wtf.

Maybe that's how so many idiots got into power there...

I cringe every time I here someone from there describe themselves as "100% Americana"

/rant
Old 03-26-2009 at 09:06 AM   #12
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

I won't argue any of those points, and I don't really know about their schooling, but saying that all americans are self-idolizing, uneducated people who eat fast food every day is on the same level as saying canadians live in igloos and our army is three guys in a canoe throwing fistfuls of grain.

I know plenty of Americans who are really nice people
Old 03-26-2009 at 11:14 AM   #13
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

I really thought this was a poorly written episode of Onion News for a good five minutes after watching it.
Old 03-27-2009 at 11:12 AM   #14
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

lmao, fox news is the worst and most biased news channel on the air. on the other hand, tom green takes the win for us, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzYqdz1lmTE
Old 03-27-2009 at 04:17 PM   #15
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

bant-shirts Fox parody.

amazingness.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement