MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
French 1A06 laurastevens 1st Year Course Reviews 73 06-09-2015 02:33 AM
French 1K06 feonateresa 1st Year Course Reviews 8 08-31-2011 06:52 AM
Marks in French 1A06? Soph08 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 07-05-2010 10:34 PM
Did anyone take French 1K06 LAST YEAR? HeatherH Academics 4 08-18-2008 10:44 PM
French 1a06 shleyaa Academics 12 07-04-2008 06:42 PM

French 1K06/1A06

Old 09-20-2010 at 06:35 PM   #1
Olivia.

Liked: 9 Times

French 1K06/1A06
Okay, so to start off I registered myself in French 1K06 because 1A06 was full and I figured it wasn't going to be a big deal. Once I made it to my first tutorial, I realized it was quite painful (I did all of high school in French - learning how to say what my favorite food is in French was not particularly a necessity). Of course, my teachers all encouraged me to ditch the class because I would only "intimidate the other students", so I went for it. Once I made the trek to the Department of French and back, I realize it conflicts with my 2nd term courses....so today I went back and switched it to the last one available, thinking that although it conflicted with my Bio lab I could figure it out..wrong. None of the other Bio labs fit my schedule. I was so irritated by the situation that I even went back onto solar in an attempt to switch into French 1K06 again...but it won't let me, and I'm assuming it's because the system knows that I'm too advanced and such (anti requisites I suppose).
So at this point I'm at the end of my rope and the only way this can work is if I skip a French lecture once a week.
In other words....what the fxck do I do now ????
Old 09-20-2010 at 06:38 PM   #2
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Just stay in it. I am. What are they gonna do, kick you out?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-20-2010 at 06:39 PM   #3
Olivia.

But I'm not registered in 1K06 anymore ?
Old 09-20-2010 at 06:40 PM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Oh. I dunno then.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-20-2010 at 06:40 PM   #5
Olivia.

I wonder if I actually dropped the 1A06 and then tried re adding 1K06, if that would work.....
Old 09-20-2010 at 06:41 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia. View Post
Okay, so to start off I registered myself in French 1K06 because 1A06 was full and I figured it wasn't going to be a big deal. Once I made it to my first tutorial, I realized it was quite painful (I did all of high school in French - learning how to say what my favorite food is in French was not particularly a necessity). Of course, my teachers all encouraged me to ditch the class because I would only "intimidate the other students", so I went for it. Once I made the trek to the Department of French and back, I realize it conflicts with my 2nd term courses....so today I went back and switched it to the last one available, thinking that although it conflicted with my Bio lab I could figure it out..wrong. None of the other Bio labs fit my schedule. I was so irritated by the situation that I even went back onto solar in an attempt to switch into French 1K06 again...but it won't let me, and I'm assuming it's because the system knows that I'm too advanced and such (anti requisites I suppose).
So at this point I'm at the end of my rope and the only way this can work is if I skip a French lecture once a week.
In other words....what the fxck do I do now ????
Talk to the IA for Biology: http://www.biology.mcmaster. ca/contact_cours.htm
Not sure if there is someone to talk to for French. If there is another core that fits your schedule then try talking to your prof.
Old 09-20-2010 at 06:44 PM   #7
Olivia.

I just dropped the 1A06 and tried adding the 1K06 and got this:
"You do not have the academic requisites for course: FRENCH 1K06 3 D "
kill me now
Old 09-20-2010 at 06:52 PM   #8
Olivia.

And I don't understand how talking to the bio IA will change anything ? There are no labs that work in my schedule and I can't change anything because I'm in Med Rad - it's such a tiny program I have very little to choose from.
Old 09-20-2010 at 07:02 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia. View Post
And I don't understand how talking to the bio IA will change anything ? There are no labs that work in my schedule and I can't change anything because I'm in Med Rad - it's such a tiny program I have very little to choose from.
None of the sections fit? o.O Then yeah, if there are 0 possibilities to have a conflict-free schedule then you can't do anything about it. You'll either have to miss a lecture or take another course.