MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
TRADE FRENCH 1Z06 for SPANISH 1Z06 PLZZZ Liz.enriquez Academics 0 09-16-2010 05:57 PM
French 1Z06? jordan19 Academics 3 08-25-2010 10:39 AM
French 1z06 and Spanish 1z06 (credit confusion) oli13 Academics 1 07-02-2010 04:48 PM
French 1Z06 bieneres Academics 12 12-16-2009 12:47 AM
French 1Z06 niteskie First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-16-2009 01:52 PM

French 1z06

Old 06-10-2009 at 01:33 PM   #16
Mz.Morra13

Liked: 26 Times

French 1z06
..The course that saved my GPA first year.
The Prof - Mme Gallier-Morgan
- Quite an amazing woman.
- Patient with her students, and has a great lecture style.
- Always willing to answer questions and offer help.
- Present during midterms and exams.

all say thanks to Mz.Morra13 for this post.

likes this.
Old 07-01-2009 at 02:51 PM   #15
twitterbird

Liked: 1 Time
i was just wondering that 1. does mme talk entirely in french or go through it in both french and english. and 2. if im in med rad can i use this as one of my electives because i need only 3 more units and this one is 6?
Old 07-01-2009 at 03:25 PM   #16
eycc11

Liked: 7 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitterbird View Post
i was just wondering that 1. does mme talk entirely in french or go through it in both french and english. and 2. if im in med rad can i use this as one of my electives because i need only 3 more units and this one is 6?
Yay! Med Rad =)

Yes, you can take this as your elective, but that just means...you'll have a 6-course workload in the first semester as opposed to the typical 5-course workload.
Old 07-01-2009 at 03:27 PM   #17
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz.Morra13 View Post
lol ideas.. were hers its was pretty much marked on grammar. she's fair though like u get one mark off for every 2 mistakes or something like that or half a mark its something fair like that. and if u make the same mistake like a lot she'll only take off marks the one time u do it.
and verb tenses we did passé composé, imparfait, plus que parfait, futur proche, futur simple, futur anterieur or something.. and of course present .
i'm so glad u did! i couldn't take 2z06 this year (stupid full course load first term.. grrrrr). do u know anything about women's studies?
hey thanks for your tips! This course sounds like gr 10 french (though i've forgotten most of it lol) Oh that sucketh greatly that you couldn't get into 2z06... hmm women's studies seems to have negative reviews by most people on macinsiders and my friends who have taken the couse found it a bit dry/find people who take the course kind of extremist in their views, I find the topics interesting though and would take it if there was no limit on how many first year courses you can take.
Old 07-01-2009 at 03:59 PM   #18
twitterbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by eycc11 View Post
Yay! Med Rad =)

Yes, you can take this as your elective, but that just means...you'll have a 6-course workload in the first semester as opposed to the typical 5-course workload.

do you think this is a goodidea to take a 6 course workload in first semester seeing as how its my first year? and im assuming your in med rad lol what elective did you take if a 6 course load isnt a good idea?
Old 07-01-2009 at 06:46 PM   #19
Mz.Morra13

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitterbird View Post
do you think this is a goodidea to take a 6 course workload in first semester seeing as how its my first year? and im assuming your in med rad lol what elective did you take if a 6 course load isnt a good idea?
my friend in med rad took linguistics as her elective i believe...
Old 07-01-2009 at 06:47 PM   #20
Mz.Morra13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
hey thanks for your tips! This course sounds like gr 10 french (though i've forgotten most of it lol) Oh that sucketh greatly that you couldn't get into 2z06... hmm women's studies seems to have negative reviews by most people on macinsiders and my friends who have taken the couse found it a bit dry/find people who take the course kind of extremist in their views, I find the topics interesting though and would take it if there was no limit on how many first year courses you can take.
no problem! i think i'm gonna give it a shot and take it the prof seemed pretty awesome when i talked to her.
Old 07-01-2009 at 06:58 PM   #21
hamilton1555

Liked: 0 Times
hey!

how much french did you know or courses did you take in high school? did it help you? and i think this was asked already: by the end of the course, how fluent would you say you are?

one morequestion: Were the computer assignments for marks?

thanks so much! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D =D =D
Old 07-02-2009 at 08:50 AM   #22
Mz.Morra13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton1555 View Post
hey!

how much french did you know or courses did you take in high school? did it help you? and i think this was asked already: by the end of the course, how fluent would you say you are?

one morequestion: Were the computer assignments for marks?

thanks so much! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D =D =D
Heya back!
I took two courses in high school (gr 9 and 10), and i've been taking french since gr 1. But honestly.. there were people in my class who well..weren't that strong and i think even they pulled 80's.
And no the computer assignments are not for marks.
By the end of the course I wouldn't say i'm totally fluent but i'd say it strengthened my speaking abilities and my comprehension definitely. I learned a lot of stuff that's like useful for everyday conversation which is nice. I'd say i could have a conversation with someone as long as their not like total francophone speaking a mile a minute then it gets difficult lol. hope this helps!
Old 07-07-2009 at 02:17 AM   #23
zzongmellong

hello,
the only word that i know is, bonjour,,,
do u think the course is still appropriate for me?
i don know anything about french, but im willing to learn
Old 07-07-2009 at 01:20 PM   #24
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzongmellong View Post
hello,
Yes, this course is for those who don't know any French to those who took it in Grade 9/10.

Just stay on top of your work because it may go fast for you, but if you have experience learning a different language, it'll come in handy.
Old 07-07-2009 at 01:24 PM   #25
Mz.Morra13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzongmellong View Post
hello,
if you're willing to learn, the prof will notice that. she's always willing to help as well.
Old 07-08-2009 at 04:38 PM   #26
twitterbird

does anyone know if its still open/
Old 07-09-2009 at 01:30 PM   #27
zzongmellong

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Yes, this course is for those who don't know any French to those who took it in Grade 9/10.

Just stay on top of your work because it may go fast for you, but if you have experience learning a different language, it'll come in handy.

hey
i didn't take grade 9 french nor grade 10,,
but i think im still gonna take it
thankss for the reply!
Old 08-24-2009 at 08:06 PM   #28
Danielle M

I was wondering about the course material. I bought the textbook online for really cheap. She gives you a workbook and CD? Or is this custom courseware that you buy at the bookstore? Or is this stuff that is bundled with the textbook? I was wondering if I should have waited to buy the textbook online then

Thanks.
Old 08-25-2009 at 09:51 AM   #29
Mz.Morra13

Last year, I got everything in a bundle. There is no 'textbook', it's just a workbook really. Then you get a 'livre' (still made of softcover paper), and your cd. I hope that helps!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search