MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
G road test chinadian Automotive & Transportation 24 02-14-2012 04:07 PM
FRENCH 1Z06 Test 1 Question eccentrikkk Academics 10 10-26-2011 01:08 AM
General Lab/Test Question The Effekt First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-29-2010 02:12 PM
My road led to Mac, hi I'm Ish Ish001 Introduce Yourself 6 07-03-2010 12:24 AM

G Road Test Question

Old 01-20-2013 at 10:13 AM   #1
dr4357

Liked: 1 Time

G Road Test Question
Hey guys, I just have a quick question my friend and I have been discussing about the G road test.

For example...if X person's license expires January 31st and their road test is on Jan 26th...if they fail it, are they still permitted to drive home?

Technically, they don't have enough time (10 days waiting time I believe) to retake it but, aren't they still allowed to drive until the 31st?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-20-2013 at 10:15 AM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Just because you fail your G test..doesn't mean you cannot drive anymore. Your G2 is still valid until the 31st of January regardless of if you fail/pass your G test.
Old 01-20-2013 at 10:18 AM   #3
dr4357

Liked: 1 Time

Hey Humza, thanks for your reply...

thats what I thought but I wonder because I know you have until the 31st to BOOK the test...which means you can technically get your g2 extended (I think) ....but I know that in the test taken after this, your license would be taken away if you don't pass...which is inconvenient because it would basically mean you are stranded with a car...and aren't able to drive it lol

thanks for the reply though! much appreciated!
Old 01-20-2013 at 10:48 AM   #4
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Ah, I see what you mean. That would be an interesting situation to be in. Perhaps you can get in touch with the MTO or the DriveTest Centre people and ask for clarification? Those two parties should know best.
Old 01-20-2013 at 10:55 AM   #5
chappy89

Liked: 149 Times

you should test this out and report back to us... just hit a car on the test or something... to make sure you fail. than just drive around speeding until you are pulled over and see if your license is still valid. Keep us updated.
Old 01-20-2013 at 11:02 AM   #6
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy89 View Post
you should test this out and report back to us... just hit a car on the test or something... to make sure you fail. than just drive around speeding until you are pulled over and see if your license is still valid. Keep us updated.
Yeaahhhhhhhhhhh. No.

Zachary likes this.
Old 01-20-2013 at 11:39 AM   #7
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

I have a friend who was in this situation, and she failed her test when her license was going to expire in a few days. They extended her license until the date of her next G test, she just had to book the test right away. If she failed the second one though, then the license expires that day...so she could still drive around that day with a G2, but the next day she is no longer allowed to drive.

dr4357 says thanks to starfish for this post.

dr4357 likes this.