MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do you do when your roommate is too nosy? AnnaWM Residence & Housing 32 08-05-2010 05:37 PM
Roommate discussion nikki12 Mary Keyes Forum 1 07-19-2010 08:19 PM
Surviving with a roommate Myaccount Residence & Housing 20 11-11-2009 11:06 AM
How do I email my roommate? Porsche First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-14-2009 04:04 PM

Gay roommate?

Old 12-29-2010 at 04:44 PM   #16
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Seems like we have lots of moderate homophobes and people who still assume all gays are flamboyant twinks doing the yes dance in this thread

Old 12-29-2010 at 04:47 PM   #17
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
Seems like we have lots of moderate homophobes and people who still assume all gays are flamboyant twinks doing the yes dance in this thread

I think the problem is what we see on TV. Im not gonna lie, every mainstream show I watch has flamboyant gays. Obviously I know they are not all like that, but I think someone really should take a look at how gays are portrayed on TV and make it more realistic.
Old 12-29-2010 at 04:53 PM   #18
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
I think the problem is what we see on TV. Im not gonna lie, every mainstream show I watch has flamboyant gays. Obviously I know they are not all like that, but I think someone really should take a look at how gays are portrayed on TV and make it more realistic.
So true. And after seeing the media's depiction of gays, you can't help but stereotype. I was definitely like that at some point, before going to university and actually having some real-life exposure.
Old 12-29-2010 at 05:04 PM   #19
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 468 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
Did you take Anti-Oppressive Practice 2BB3 this past term? Your last 2 sentences scream Gary Dumbrill.
I sure did, that course really changed my perspective on how I look at the world. I don't know if you are in labour studies or social work, but if you're in social work you'll probably know that everyone and their grandma has a wildly inappropriate lust after Gary.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 12-29-2010 at 05:23 PM   #20
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescw1234 View Post
I sure did, that course really changed my perspective on how I look at the world. I don't know if you are in labour studies or social work, but if you're in social work you'll probably know that everyone and their grandma has a wildly inappropriate lust after Gary.
Aha thats hilarious, no everyone I know in Labour Studies was really annoyed with him. He reminded me of a little confused kid who didn't know how to behave every lecture lol. But I think we were all bitter because that class was a scam, it had nothing to do with labour studies. Im pissed off I wasted my money on it. I felt like he was brainwashing me lol, and so did everyone else I know from Labour Studies who took that class. But then thats another dicussion lol.
Old 12-29-2010 at 08:21 PM   #21
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Kind of on topic; I hated bruno movie, it was the worst piece of crap I ever watched. So stereotypical and so offensive at the same time.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 12-29-2010 at 08:26 PM   #22
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
Kind of on topic; I hated bruno movie, it was the worst piece of crap I ever watched. So stereotypical and so offensive at the same time.
I found it pretty funny myself because I saw it as satire. There are straight people who actually believe that 's how the LGBTQ community behaves. There were scenes where I was in tears from laughing so hard.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
Old 12-29-2010 at 08:28 PM   #23
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

straight people are so ****ing straight, man

jamescw1234 likes this.
Old 12-29-2010 at 08:57 PM   #24
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
Taking it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaay too seriously.

ps. Hi James. When will we start Robo-Hobo Fighting League?

Old 12-29-2010 at 09:12 PM   #25
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post

ps. Hi James. When will we start Robo-Hobo Fighting League?
Hi hi hi hi, we'll start once I finish up with the professional electric wheelchair racing league. Gotta think of some sweet ass objects that robo hobo's could throw at each other.

James CW
Old 01-04-2011 at 06:03 PM   #26
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

A buddy of mine had a gay room mate in his first year. He was straight. What ended up happening was the gay guy threw fits all the time, and was a total Perez-Hilton bitch and started a lot of shit. No lie. The gay guy ended up getting kicked outta res.
Shame, cause the two of them were friends in highschool.
Old 01-04-2011 at 06:42 PM   #27
MiniDragon

Liked: 60 Times

I think a gay roommate would know not to do anything inappropriate, and hopefully the straight roommate would be respectful enough to not care.

Funny article that I think fits this thread nicely, though I guess it is slightly inappropriate. (It's satire...):

http://www.theonion.com/articles/why...my-****,11150/

Replace the *** with a word that starts with c and ends in ock.

Last edited by MiniDragon : 01-04-2011 at 06:47 PM.