MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GEOG 1hb3 ShockValue Academics 7 09-12-2012 09:23 PM
Should I take Geog 1HB3, Geog 1 HA3, or Health Age 1BB3 gabbynelly First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 07-30-2012 09:32 PM
geog 1HB3 yum24 General Discussion 1 09-13-2011 08:13 PM
Geog 1hb3 sparks First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-12-2009 09:10 PM

Geog 1hb3

Old 01-08-2013 at 01:23 PM   #1
ofomkcidtae
Account Locked

Liked: 47 Times

Geog 1hb3
Hi,

I missed the introduction lecture this morning at 9:30, can anyone post outline?

Also will this course be appearing on avenue, or is there a website for it?
Old 01-08-2013 at 01:38 PM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

When I took this course during last school year, it was on A2L.
Old 01-08-2013 at 02:04 PM   #3
ofomkcidtae
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
When I took this course during last school year, it was on A2L.

Any regrets about the course (ie better to jump off a cliff?)

What were the assignments like?
Old 01-08-2013 at 02:09 PM   #4
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofomkcidtae View Post
Any regrets about the course (ie better to jump off a cliff?)

What were the assignments like?
Eh. Only regret I had was that I never took away too much from the course. I took it as an elective..but I had no interest going in..nor coming out of it. The labs were a heavy component of your final grade (at least last year with Mercier) and they were all more than doable. The TA was always willing to help..and in general the labs/assignments were okay. Some of them including writing a precis, or a critical review..which I wasn't fond of but it was alright. I believe there was a 3% bonus for us for attending all labs which I liked. Make sure for the final assignment you pick the right group members from your lab section. It is worth a lot, and it is only a group mark from what I remember. Good luck!

ofomkcidtae says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.

ofomkcidtae likes this.
Old 01-08-2013 at 02:40 PM   #5
ofomkcidtae
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Eh. Only regret I had was that I never took away too much from the course. I took it as an elective..but I had no interest going in..nor coming out of it. The labs were a heavy component of your final grade (at least last year with Mercier) and they were all more than doable. The TA was always willing to help..and in general the labs/assignments were okay. Some of them including writing a precis, or a critical review..which I wasn't fond of but it was alright. I believe there was a 3% bonus for us for attending all labs which I liked. Make sure for the final assignment you pick the right group members from your lab section. It is worth a lot, and it is only a group mark from what I remember. Good luck!
Omg so there is writing assignments in the course? Are they strict grammer nazi like the artsies' (ie Humanities)
Old 01-08-2013 at 03:23 PM   #6
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Omg so there is writing assignments in the course? Are they strict grammer nazi like the artsies' (ie Humanities)
The course is right up there with microecon has one of the easiest courses I have taken at Mac. As long as you do the assignments, which take a while but are super easy, then the rest of the material is straightforward
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-08-2013 at 04:47 PM   #7
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Yes there is..and no the TA for me was also the IA for the course, Julia..she wasn't a 'Grammar Nazi' on us. I just had no interest in doing the writing assignments, so I received low marks on them.